• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whats happening? Lionel has an 'M' on his head!

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
Look at Lionel's fur here -
Lionel43.jpg

Now look at it today -
Lionel045.jpg

What is happening? hes got an M on his head :lol: but on a serious note should I be worried he has a few black lines like this over him which you can't really see in the pic, this fur seems to be shorter as well, any ideas?

Thanks x

He's moulting :) Blow gently across his fur and you'll see it changes colour down the length. He's agouti so the hair has black tips, brown middle and grey base. As the new hair grows through to start with you just see the black tip so you get odd black waves :)

They're very clever creatures aren't they.....telling us when they are moulting :lol::lol:

Oh this must be whats going on with Amber then, She has changed colour over two days!

Thanks Katie for thread x

When I got Bobby, he had a few "M"s round his back end. I just thought they were super cute, and I was slightly sad when I realised they'd gone, but now I know they'll most likely come back. Yey!

Aw, he looks really like Bilbo did as a baby. He's always getting mysterious shapes on his forehead. One time he had the Harry Potter scar. I looked for voldemort, but didn't see him. :)

I think it must be an "M" for magnets :lol: Hes wondering what the postman has done with them. Second lot has been sent so let me know if and when you get them :lol:

Willow's a chinchilla lop x lionhead and he always gets Ms, but his moults start with a little circle on his back :D Now he's had a few there are moult lines on his sides like tree rings, I comb him often but they stick around!!

Vicki x

Back