• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

baby bunnies with red spots on heads

my doe has had some babies, but they have a red spot/hole on their heads can some one help my with why this is and is it dangerous to the babies

Is it a wound? It maybe the female has been over enthusiastic with cleaning/grooming them. Mother rabbits will sometimes accidentally eat babies ears or limbs. Watch that it stays clean and doesn't get infected otherwise there probably isn't much you can do.

Tam

was concerned in case they could be called peanuts.. as the dad is a dwarf lop.. the babies look healthy enough and mummy is caring and feeding them well but it was just these red holes/scar's on their heads that are worrying me.. did not want to disturb mummy and babies to much by taking them to vets unless i really have to.. thanks for your quick response.

Peanuts look like normal babies but they are half the size.

If the marks stay dry and don't get inflamed/infected then it's best to desturb them as little as possible as you're doing :)

Back