• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do I go about litter training?

Madmoo

Alpha Buck
Hi All

Sorry about all the questions!! Just wondering how I go about litter training my rabbits - for both in the hutch and when they are in the house?

Thanks, Ange :bunny::bunny:

i thought id have trouble with my new addition pearl, she peed once on the newspaper in the crate so i put that in the litter tray under the litter and filled the tray with hay...... she took to it straight away..... the corner of the litter tray is where i pile hay for them to munch and they have the choice of 3trays and it seems to work..... i havent had a difficult to train bunny thankfully... (ive only got the two :lol:)

Biggest tip is whatever you use in your litter tray - Dont use elsewhere! ;) Otherwise they wont know the difference :rolleyes: Also, When she wee's on newspaper or whatever - put it in the bottom of the tray for a couple of hours so she knows its where its meant to go X

Back