• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch Covers - What would you suggest?

Madmoo

Alpha Buck
Hi All
Am new to having rabbits and feel as tho I have hardly seen mine since picking them up last weekend thanks to this lovely weather!

I have been covering the hutches with blue tarpaulin overnight and also during the day if the rain has been particularly heavy. I have been bringing the rabbits in to the kitchen at various points to make sure they are getting exercise outside hutches as well as getting to know us.

Have been looking at hutch covers and have seen various types. Some are similar to the tarpaulin, with roll up/down fronts but cannot be seen thru and others have see-thru fronts. What would you experienced rabbit owners suggest?

Regards, Ange:)

HI. I had mine made to measure(awkward hutch size and shape so couldn't get their normal one) by this firm that sells through ebay(though you can ring them up and deal with them over the phone). I have been absolutely delighted with the service and the quality. Here's the ebay number:
Hilda

:D Hi
Thanks very much for that link - just had a look and they are very impressive. Will sent them my hutch measurements and see what they can do.
Thanks again, Ange

you may also want to search for pre-made ones by the same manufacturer of your hutch, my oh got me a made to measure one off trixie for my hutch and its fits like a glove, got see through bits and its been a life saver with all this wind and rain.
I would also agree with the horse rugs idea....when its really cold i pull an old one over the top to make it extra warm.

Same problem for me, have now purchased some clear plastic, similar to the taupauline but see through so at least the can see out and I can see in. So far its working well. Got it from a builders merchants

Back