• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carry Cases

occook

New Kit
Hey there. I've had murphy for about 7 months now and we got Kiz from a rescue about 3 months ago. Getting them into their carry case is a monumental ordeal. Neither of them let us pick them up. Murphy is really strong and we worry he will hurt himself while Kiz is only just getting used to our hands. she had nearly a year without human contact. They always get terrified and eventually start biting when we try and gently push them toward the case. Normally they are so sweet but whenever they see the carry case they foot stomp, run away, hide behind the curtains.

Easiest thing is to try and corner them, but they are really smart, quick and eventually aggresive! REally hate to see them scared. I need any ideas or help please!

Our bun doesn't get aggressive but she doesn't like being picked up either!

The way we use to do it was when she was unsuspecting one of us pins her on the floor by shoulders and make sure they can't kick out back legs. Then we get the carrier put it in front of her and slide her in!

We recently started to put her carrier on floor when she's out and about with and she loves going in it! So the other week when she had to go for VHD I put a trail of her pellet on floor and into carrier. She ate her way straight in it and we just quickly put gate on behind her! Was so much stress free for her and us as if we can't pin her down we have to chase her!

I imagine bribes are your best bet.

Try leaving the carrier open in their run with treats and hay inside so they'll hopefully start to associate the carrier with nice things.

Back