• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Praise for Hemcore

Jocelyn

Mama Doe
It's amazing!

I decided to try it instead of Megazorb - as I've found Megazorb is really rather dusty and gets up mine [and the rats/meeces] nose. With having a variety of 17 animals in one room it was also starting to whiff a bit and making the whole house smell a bit.. farmy.. despite me spot cleaning/cleaning out everyone at every opportunity! [the male mice are the main contributors to the stink though - they're the smallest and smelliest :lol:]

So I ordered this.. bit more expensive than Megazorb as I don't have a car so I had to order it online - but you get a LOT more for your money. I have used it over 3 Terenziani cages, a mouse cage, a 4 ft tank and in the buns giant litter tray [which is actually the base from a "guinea pig" cage which was used as a hospital rat cage] and I haven't even made a dent in the top of it!

I came home yesterday expecting the smell, but it was amazing.. it was like my room smelt all new and fresh!

Just thought I'd give praise where it's due :)

I'll probably order Aubiose [same stuff, different branding] next time as hemcore is treated with citronella [it has a very faint scent of lemonbalm] - which there is a debate surrounding as to whether this is okay for rats [I can't see why it wouldn't be though tbh]

That's so strange, as I absolutely loathed the smell of Hemcore! :shock: It reeked when it was all fresh in the bag, even before any wee landed in it. I can still remember the smell of it now.

That's so strange, as I absolutely loathed the smell of Hemcore! :shock: It reeked when it was all fresh in the bag, even before any wee landed in it. I can still remember the smell of it now.

I've read mixed reviews about it - it seems some bales are yucky as they've been kept damp or something? I think it's brilliant! It doesn't actually smell of anything unless is stick my nose right up to it - it smells identical to lemon balm!

I love Hemcore too.
I used it for about 6 months now and don't mind the smell at all.
I wasn't all that happy with Megazorb it used to get walked everywhere, was quite dusty and my long haired bunnies were always covered in it. Hemcore doesn't get walked about and doesn't stick to the bunnies fur.

I don't know anything about Aubiose, but I need to buy some more Hemcore so I think I will have a look at it when I'm in the shop.

I use Aubiose, which was recommended over Hemcore when I looked - people said they've found allsorts in it and also said that Hemcore looks "mouldy" compared to Aubiose.
It does last ages though! I only use it in litter trays but it looks like I've not even touched the bale yet

I use Aubiose, which was recommended over Hemcore when I looked - people said they've found allsorts in it and also said that Hemcore looks "mouldy" compared to Aubiose.
It does last ages though! I only use it in litter trays but it looks like I've not even touched the bale yet

I've heard good and bad things about both so I just picked one randomly [I was going to get Aubiose from Surrey Pet Supplies but then realised they are overcharging people for the postage!] :)

I love that I'm not treading Megazorb everywhere too.. now where can I find hay that doesn't stick to socks? My life would be complete if I found one :lol:

I love that I'm not treading Megazorb everywhere too.. now where can I find hay that doesn't stick to socks? My life would be complete if I found one :lol:[/QUOTE]

:lol::lol::lol:

now where can I find hay that doesn't stick to socks? My life would be complete if I found one

Me too
My husband will occasionally moan about the house bunnies and their escaped hay. I haven't liked to tell him that I think I make more mess with the hay than they do .:oops:

I've used Aubiose and didn't think it was that absorbant really.

i might give Hemcore a whirl though cos I got fed up with the Megazorb mess and have switched back to wood pellets

Back