• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another post about Melanie's baldness!

toffee

Mama Doe
Well, Melanie has lost more hair. She's now completely bald on her neck and losing all the hair on her shoulders and one back leg. She doesn't seem at all concerned. No scratching or excessive cleaning (apart from when I try to put the aloe vera gel on that I bought).

I'm going to get her spayed in the next few weeks and hope that it's hormonal and that being spayed will help. The vet doesn't have a clue what's causing it as there are no sign of parasites and the skin is not irritated.

I'm also going to buy her a load more toys in case she's doing it herself. I don't think she can reach most of the patches but they never cease to amaze me so who knows!

She seems to be happy in herself anyway. Is there any harm in having a happy bald rabbit? I may have to knit a tank top!!:lol: (I'm joking - I wouldn't put clothes on my rabbits)

Back