• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding big and little buns

caismeister

Alpha Buck
I have been thinking about the possibility of bonding my groups together for a while now but am concerned about Michael and Sparrow as Michael is 3x bigger than little sparrow so was worried about size issues. It doesn't even matter if it can't happen as they are in 2 happy groups now but it would be nice.

Does anyone else have big and little in a group?

I do, and the thought petrified me to start with but I don't think size makes a difference at all now.

Mouse (the littlest) is dead fast because he's smaller so during bonding, if any of the bigger buns chased him, he just ran off :lol:

Now, my big buns love him! He's always grooming them and I'm sure Mavis & Millie treat him like they've taken him under their wing. When all the buns are flopped out, he'll just go and snuggle up to them, it's so cute as he's half their size and looks really little awww.

Go for it! :D

Well I have a nethie bonded with a frenchie, and size is no issue. I think it depends more on the rabbits temperament i.e my frenchie is very easy going and a big softie, whilst my nethie is bolshy and bossy. Don't think I'd risk it if the personalities were the other way round though!

Well I have a nethie bonded with a frenchie, and size is no issue. I think it depends more on the rabbits temperament i.e my frenchie is very easy going and a big softie, whilst my nethie is bolshy and bossy. Don't think I'd risk it if the personalities were the other way round though!

I agree it depends on the tempaments of the animals. I have a group of 6 little ones and the 2 giants live alongside them seperated by a pen. Ruby, my female giant is very territorial and generally grumpy/highly strung madam. I thought after being housed this way since last Summer they may bond but she has her days when she grunts at them or nips through the bars:roll:. I have considered trying to bond them all but chickened out. It took me months to bond the two giants so I really don't think it'd be smart of me to a) risk the little ones or b) upset the relationship between Radar and Ruby.

this is my little and large duo - part of a group of 5
0f.jpg

no problems at all between these boys, but as others have said, it all depends on the bun... :D

gorgeous buns!

i had bif a lionhead cross the rescue said..shes a lop one with no mane.
shes about 2.45kg and she lived with bertie who was 10lb...5kg when i firast git him..his weight went up and is now a bit lower than it was to begin with. and they were so loved up it was so lovely.
i bonded mine as a foursome..bandit the weeny lionhead is almost half bifs size...then comes bertie the frenchie..then willow the massive frenchie..who needs weighing but im guessing twice whatever bertie is!! it was great..and the buns only got nervy when willow wanted to hump bertie..they were scared of getting crushed so moved fast! the rest if the time they slept under the frenchies to keep warm..beside the frenchies..played with them..ran around with them.
then bif unbonded but the other 3 are living running loose downstairs adn it is so funny to see such enormous bunnies esp willow grooming this teeny weeny bunny!

depends on the bun ike has been said.

Nitro is one of my fave bunnies, I always think he looks like a painting, gorgeous, and Gaius is quite cute too!:love:

Depends on the bunnies like everyone else has said. My frenchie is bonded with a little nethie/medbun mix and they get on fab.

Darcy is the frenchie in the middle and Beatrix is his gf at the bottom. Annie is the black and white bun who Darcy is won't accept now but she is happily paired with Frasier now. x

July016.jpg

Thanks for all the advice i may give it a go in the better weather as its like a swamp here at the mo!!!!!!!!!!!! I could use my free playhouse for fostering then if all went well with the bond

Back