• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dilemma

Sarah86

Mama Doe
There's a 4 year old male rabbit in the adoption section of my local Pets at Home, whilst he appears to be in good health he looks sad.
I'm not sure what to do, with him being 4 I suspect that the chances of him being rehomed aren't great. I'm considering collecting him and then rehoming him myself so that I know he goes to a good home but I haven't had the go ahead from my o/h and not sure that I'll even get it (I'll put up a good fight;)). I'm worried about where he'll end up :(

Can anyone advise what to do?

I have seen this little fella as you know and he looks so sad:cry::cry:
So wish i could take him but i don,t have anymore room:cry::cry:

Its hard when a bunny tugs at the heartstrings.

I am sure your OH will come round, if you tell him you are going to rehome him yourself!

Do the rules of the scheme allow that? To rehome him yourself, I mean? I know nothing about how their scheme works.

Do the rules of the scheme allow that? To rehome him yourself, I mean? I know nothing about how their scheme works.
I wouldn,t have thought it mattered to them.They don,t do home checks and will sell you a rabbit with a three foot hutch:?

No it dosn't the adoption contract states you must return the rabbit to P@H if you can no longer keep it however you can opt out of being contacted by them about the rabbit, not that they apparently do should you not request this.

I wouldn,t have thought it mattered to them.They don,t do home checks and will sell you a rabbit with a three foot hutch:?

Aren't the adoption sections part of an actual rescue though, so that they would do the rehoming process themselves? They're like that at our local PaH so presumed they would be at other stores?

Aren't the adoption sections part of an actual rescue though, so that they would do the rehoming process themselves? They're like that at our local PaH so presumed they would be at other stores?

No, in most stores they are not.

Many rescues will not allow themselves to be used as a publicity stunt in this way.

from what I've seen, the adopton centre at P&H is 'stock' that has gotten too old to sell, results of their mis-sexing which have been returned or animals which have been sold together, then returned as they fought upon maturity...
this is just based on what I've seen at the 2 branches that I've been in...

from what I've seen, the adopton centre at P&H is 'stock' that has gotten too old to sell, results of their mis-sexing which have been returned or animals which have been sold together, then returned as they fought upon maturity...
This is exactly what i thought it was.

Really? Had been thinking PaH were finally going to do something to help the unwanted bunny population at last :roll:

Just a thought but theres been several posts about people going in and rescuing these adoption animals. Are you not proving to PAH that theres a market for this? I know you're trying to help the animals in question but looking longterm if people stop adopting these rabbits ands rehoming themselves and PAH end up with lots of longtermers they will eventually run out of room for young rabbits and may knock the scheme on the head?

Besides by rescuing a rabbit for PAH are you not taking a home away from another rabbit in a real rescue??

Just my two-penneth.

I don't think that he's old stock at 4 years old, I feel bad for him being given up after spending that long with whoever owned him or that he's spent 4 years living in a small hutch at the bottom of the garden and may end up doing the same for the rest of his life.

I think I'll just keep an eye on him for now and if he's there much longer then I may try to persuade o/h that another one or two won't hurt.

The only thing is I don't want to upset my two and if I had him as a house rabbit they would be able to see him through the windows in the living room and be able to smell him.

Back