• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

P@H- Credit Where Credit is Due

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
After my comments on here

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=113837

I have now received 2 calls from P@H. Whether that is a coincidence or not I dont know........
First the *new* Manager at my local branch contacted me and said that the area supervisor from HO had been in twice to 'address my concerns'. He ran through what has been done and I have to say I am impressed. He said he came to the store 2 weeks ago and that certain things fell below standards. He said he would be updating and improving staff training. He said he personally got out his screwdriver to move the water bottles down to a level everyBun can reach. He was extremely upset and angry that a sick Bun had not received appropriate care ( this happened before Christmas). He has said that I am to ask for him personally if I have any more concerns re the welfare of the Buns in the store and he has promised to address the concerns straight away.

Then HO called. They will be visiting the store once a week to make sure the new Manager is bringing the Branch up to the required standards. HO have told me to keep them updated too.

So I thought it only fare to post this. I hate the fact that animals are sold in Pet Shops but at least it appears that for once I have been listened to and improvements have been made.

I will be following the store with interest..............

Janex

That's EXCELLENT news, Jane!!! :D :D

It is GREAT that they actually listened to your complaints......and better still that they ACTED on them!:D Fingers crossed that at least this particular store keeps their standards at a much higher level now.

Keep on their backs.....You have helped those buns out a lot by taking the time to complain!!!:D

Well done Jne it's nice to see that you're being listened to and those buns may have a better quality of life now

I'm cynical, was this not the store where some worker recognised you as JacksJane? :lol::lol:

Seriously though, its great! And if all stores took complaints like yours on board I'd not have such a problem with p@h, so fingers crossed the manager sticks to his word!:D Well done to you as well hun, shows persistance can pay off!:D

Glad to hear someone not only took the time to listen but to act as well. Lets hope they keep it up!

Wow, result Jane! Well done. And fair play to P@H for doing the right thing. Would love to see this commitment to ensuring standards replicated across all stores.

I agree Jane, realistic we can't stop them selling animals but at least we can make a difference to those animals lives ;) Well done you! :D

Brilliant result! In the world of selling animals I find P@H to be much better (and trying to improve) than every other pet store I've ever been in.

Would love to see this commitment to ensuring standards replicated across all stores.

As I understand it that is what is meant to happen. But implementing the standards set by HO is very much down to how proactive each store manager is. The chap I spoke with yesterday *seemed* genuinely interested and keen to do as much as possible to improve things.

Time will tell...........

Janex

Perhaps you could meet with him personnaly and see if you could offer any help, perhaps with staff training and awarness or with writen information, sugest perhaps some appropriate leaflets they could keep in stock and distribute with each rabbit sold? If we can help only a few extra animals we should.

We have 2 Pets @ home stores near me and they are very different, there is one that has great conditions for the animals and staff that seem to love the animals and really understand them and one who seems not to care. I know which one I prefer.

Yes, but she doesn't work there anymore ;)

Janex

Although If I were P@H I would have your photo stuck in the staff room with a "have you seen this lady"...rather like some restaurants do with restaurant critics so they get best service.

Although If I were P@H I would have your photo stuck in the staff room with a "have you seen this lady"...rather like some restaurants do with restaurant critics so they get best service.

You are as bad as me!:lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Back