• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi to all from windy Essex **pic added**

VickyF

Young Bun
Hi Everyone,

I thought I had better introduce myself after lurking about for the past few days :) I'm Vicky, 26 and live near Southend in Essex with my boyfriend Ian, our 4 rats (Dot, Dana, Ruby and Rose) and syrian hamster Mr Cloud all of whom are rescued/adopted animals.

I'm here because I'm adopting a female lop called Jessica next week (although she will probably be known as Jess/Jessie as I can't get the image of Roger Rabbit's girlfriend out of my head when I call her Jessica). I'm taking her in from a friend as her other rabbit just won't take to her and my friend just can't give her the time she deserves and her garden isn't big enough for 2 permanent hutches plus runs. She's getting spayed this coming Monday & providing she's happy & well after that I'll pick her up a few days later. She is going to be a house bunny as we don't have a garden, we have ordered a large dog cage/crate and have been getting ideas from some of the cage layouts on this forum (although I'm hoping she won't have to spend too much time in it anyway). I went out and bought heaps of things for her to chew on and to keep her amused yesterday. I can't wait for the cage to arrive so we can deck it out, I'm already thinking about putting in a shelf. I'm really excited, can you tell?! She will be a lone rabbit for the time being as my OH has said that's it for animals while we live here, I hope to plant ideas in his head though so he will let me get her a neutered male to live with her but we'll have to see how easy it is looking after Jess really.

This forum has been really helpful so far, I like to be prepared and so I know I'll be giving her the best care possible. I hope to chat with and swap tips with lots of you in the future and it would be good to hear from anyone near me that can give me any tips on the best places to get pet supplies from as there is a PAH really near me but I'd like to avoid it if I can.

:)

Edit: Here's the pic from OH's phone

Jess.jpg

Last edited:
If you can get to Colchester, Seapets is quite a good shop - they sell Science Selective pellets, toys, interesting hays etc (although expensive, as they are in small bags - I tend to buy online).

Thanks for all your replies! I'll take some pictures of her as soon as we get her settled in, OH has one pic on his phone so I'll see if he can upload it later.

Thanks for all those suggestions, I'll have a look through them now. Colchester is a bit of a trek for me unfortunately but I'll keep that shop in mind if I'm ever in that area. I might just order online, we have at least a week til she comes to live with us anyway, so there's still enough time to place an order.

Bored now, want my bunny already!

Back