• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My new additions - Hazel & Bella. (Quite a few photos!)

casu consulto

Mama Doe
Yay! ^^
This Sunday, I collected Hazel-bunny and her baby from Elaine. Hazel came from a FreeAd, where someone was selling a year old pregnant Holland Lop Doe. They'd suggested that she would be excellent for a breeder. Luckily, that never happened and whilst at Elaine's Hazel had her litter. It's thought she had just two babies, and one was found dead outside the nest, not fully formed. The remaining baby was little Bella.

SN850147.jpg

This was taken on the Sunday evening, in their new hutch in my garage. It's got two levels, so they have room to move around. Hazel is the lovely sooty/brown bun. Bella is the white/grey/light brown one. :)

Today we brought them in the kitchen, because I wanted to clean their hutch up a little and rearrange the two litter trays now I know where they like to go to the toilet...

SN850154.jpg

Mummy and baby taking a look at a willow ball. Ooooh...

SN850164.jpg

And a pine cone! :lol: At one point, Bella flipped it on her head and it settled between her ears... sadly, the camera wasn't in reach at the time... My hands and jeans in there, too!

SN850161.jpg

Bella taking a closer look at the willow ball...

SN850165.jpg

She'd just had a cuddle and was 'waking up' again here... Her right ear hasn't realised it's meant to lop yet, hehe.

SN850171.jpg

It's the lovely, soft Hazel-bunny! ^-^ She's adorable. As long as her baby is in sight, she's happy... and very curious. She doesn't give little nose nudges... being rather large, it's a proper strong bump with her nose. And for some reason, she seemed fascinated with my jeans and kept crawling over them and licking them.

SN850170.jpg

This was taken right before she flopped next to me. Hope you liked looking!

its good that there with you now and away from that damm breeder,i still remember her in my living room she was very curious.

Rick

Thank yooooou. ^-^

Hazel's funny. When I lay down on the floor to get a rabbit's eye view of the kitchen, she came across and flopped next to me. I've not had a rabbit who did that since my first bunny, Benji, about 9 years ago.

It does! ^-^
I was in an appalling bad mood yesterday, that leaked into today... but after an hour with those two I felt so relaxed and happy!

They are! :)
The thing was, my dad had practically zapped all the joy of adopting them out of the process by being horrible about it... He keeps hissing when he sees me (seriously a grown man!) and pretending I don't exist, and that he only has the one daughter... But having them both out to play for a while made it all seem very worth while once again.

What did her dad look like? :) We were trying to work out earlier how big she'll grow, etc. and were wondering what her dad may have looked like...

Back