• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dust free hay U/D - reply to email

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
Anyone else had a not so good batch of Dust free hay recently? :? Girls usually go mad for it (even Jen who prefers to play with hay than eat it!) but theyre very reluctant with the last few sacks ive opened, only picking at it...?

Last edited:
Did you order your normal choice? They give you the choice of stalkier or softer and there is a big difference to bunny preferences.

Admittedly I've only ordered from them twice [once for a small sack to try it and then for a GIANT sack which I'm still using] and they've both been fantastic quality :)

Yep have only ever had stalky - Its not green at all though :(
Funny you should say that.The last 10 sacks i got were the same.I ordered another 10 a week ago and that is the same:?Bunnies and piggies are not amused at all.I have just had to order another huge sack of oat hay to mix in with it:rolleyes:

Hmmm thats a real worry. I will have to orders some more very soon and won't be impressed if its like that too. Have you contacted them to tell them?

Wasn't it supposed to be a bad year for any hay cos of the weather? :? Just a thought.
Yeah that is what i thought but the hay from the farms are nice and green:?I am rather confused:?Thats nothing new though:lol::lol:

Yeah that is what i thought but the hay from the farms are nice and green:?I am rather confused:?Thats nothing new though:lol::lol:
:lol::lol: You'll get used to constantly being confused, I just let it all wash over me now...who needs drugs.

Maybe it depends on the area the hay was cropped from and the farms in your area weren't as badly affected as where the DFH comes from?

I ordered 5 bags a few months ago and one of the bags was inedible.
I've since ordered two large bags and they have both been lovely.
The hay I normaly buy from the farm shop has been horrible for a while now.

Wasn't it supposed to be a bad year for any hay cos of the weather? :? Just a thought.

Quite right I imagine, his fields were extremely flooded the last few times I've been (don't go often, last time was about 6 months ago but there has been alot of flooding around these parts), can't imagine he's doing too great at the mo, maybe leave it a while before you get anymore :)

Hi Becki, Yes I had 10 sacks and every sack that I opened wasn't green and the buns and piggies refused to touch it..

I contacted them and they were fantastic they sent me 5 bags free of charge.. Since then I'm ordering the soft and it's been as wondeful as ever.

Is it only me who has got rabbits who will eat ANYTHING? :lol: They are great hay eaters no matter what type or time of year but they do really love the meadow hay Hilda gives me occassionally ! Its gone within hours! :shock::lol:

Hi Becki, Yes I had 10 sacks and every sack that I opened wasn't green and the buns and piggies refused to touch it..

I contacted them and they were fantastic they sent me 5 bags free of charge.. Since then I'm ordering the soft and it's been as wondeful as ever.
Ahhhh thats good shall order some of the soft:D

The batch of ten I ordered at the end of Nov / start of Dec had one bag in it that was a bit brown, but the other nine were fine :D That's the only 'poor quality' bag I've ever had from DFH in what must be at else 60 bags (don't want to think about it :lol: ). So far the hay in my most recent batch (I'm about four bags in :shock: ) has all been really nice :thumb: I always order the stalky stuff.

I must admit I wondered back in Dec if the appearance of the bag of 'dodgy' hay was related to the wet and miserable summer we had, I was a bit worried that it was sign of things to come :shock: I was so relieved when it turned out to be a one off!

Ahh right, Glad its not just me. Will email them I think & just buy a singular bag to see how that is...No idea where I can get hay from otherwise, buns arent even interested in treat hays since DFH came onto the scene :rolleyes:

Our hay suppliers have rejected a few batches of meadow hay recently because of the quality. Apparently the bad weather has meant quite a lot of it isn't as ideal as it should be.

I've never had a problem with DFH and the batch of 10(stalkier) that arrived last week seems to be going down well!

Back