• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Anarchy

Pink Badger

Warren Scout
I went out to clean out the garden buns litter trays this morning and it seems two of them had decided to practise some Russell Brand style anarchy.
Their litter tray was completely clean, not even a single poop, but the rest of the hutch was completely covered.
It’s so wet out there today that the hutch is never going to dry completely, so I haven’t scrubbed it, just given it a really good clean. I’ve put down extra paper and returned the litter tray with some of the old soiled paper.
I’m not sure what else to do.

I haven’t changed anything and they’ve always been good up to now. Anyone got any idea why they would do this, or how to prevent it recurring?
I suspect they’re sitting there feeling rather clever with themselves and laughing at me right now.

Anyone got any ideas?

I have just been out to check on them and they've already covered the hutch floor. I only cleaned them out 4 hours ago.:roll:
Sapphie is currently sitting in her pristine litter tray eating hay. I think she's feeling rather smug.

I really don't want this to become a habbit. Anyone got any advice on how to retrain them?:)

How about moving the litter tray. Rabbits like to decide where they poo & pee so maybe they are telling you they prefer the tray wherever it is they are flipping the contents too!! They are funny little things aren't they!!:lol:

How about moving the litter tray. Rabbits like to decide where they poo & pee so maybe they are telling you they prefer the tray wherever it is they are flipping the contents too!! They are funny little things aren't they!!

I'm just going out to clean up after them again so I'll try moving and see if it helps.
They have actually managed to wee and poop everywhere except their litter tray which for some reason they are now keeping spotlessly clean.:lol:

They have lived together for about 2 years and have the same litter and tray as always.
Today is the first time they have done anything like this.

They are just trying to keep you on your toes! :lol: I know you said you haven't changed anything but is their litter tray in the open part of their hutch? Could they have decided it's cosier in the tray, or maybe further away from the open part?

Back