• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

will ever get easier?

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
ok this may sound strange :oops: but after loosing Flopsy,Honey and baby Rolo i cried but i coped and learned to accept that they werent here anymore although i still miss them loads :cry::cry:

but the pain from loosing Polo is still so painful :cry::cry: not one day passes that i dont think about her i just feel so empty i truelly loved Polo i even loved her as much as Crystal and i never thought id ever say that i feel silly because i only knew Polo for 4 weeks but in that time we bonded i miss the way she used to lick me all the time and was always close to me :cry: :cry: sorry for this post just feeling a little sad :(

Theres a lot of sense in the old saying 'time is a good healer', unfortunately theres not a lot else that you can do to get over it, your allowed to feel sad about it. (((*BIG HUG* )))

Oh Hon :cry: Speaking from experience, I can promise you that it does get easier. My Tilly-May was my entire life, seriously - I have never loved anyone like I loved my girl. When I had to let her go it ruined me, and I still cry over her now, but the constant hurt is slowly fading away. Its always hard when you've had such a close bond with a real cuddle bun, because (although no-bun is replacable) you dont experience anything similar, however many rabbits you have. I love Rhia & Jen loads, They're my babies - but they arent too interested in my company, they dont pick up on my feelings like Tills did, and follow me round the house and spend Sunday mornings in bed with me...Thats all gone now. Hope im making some sense, there is genuinely nothing I can say to help take your hurt away, So I only hope knowing other people go through the same thing helps you. Im so sorry, Take care :cry: X

It does but you never stop missing them. Time takes away the physical pain but it does not erase the longing and wishful thinking.

You will find yourself able to talk about them and smile at their memory eventually.

I find this quote helps:

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached.
Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding the necessary plan."

Irving Townsend.

It does, but it takes time. You need to let yourself grieve hun and let yourself cry over her, you must have bonded so much with Polo because you had her from such a young age. I totally know how you feel though, I lost Coco in November and he meant everything to me and not a day day goes by when I don't cry over missing him. I've now lost Tufty, my snugglebun, and I can honestly say the only thing that's keeping me going at the moment is seeing my other buns, I was seriously considering rehoming them the other day 'cos it hurts so, so much but then I looked at Rubix, my little worrier and I thought that I really couldn't do it to him and I'd be so lost without them all. I wish I could take away your pain hun :( xxx

So sorry you are feeling so down.

I know you're probably sick of hearing it but time is a healer.

I lost my horse 4 months ago after 19yrs together. I never thought i'd be able to talk about him again without crying my eyes out but it is getting easier. I still cry sometimes when i'm on my own but i can think of the good times we had together now.

Big hugs to you xxxx

i find you develop a special bond with a pet you nurse. With cookie, i know i would feel more than sadness and grief if i lost him, i would feel a sense of failure, i.e what could i have done. i dont know if youre feeling this but i get the feeling partly you are holding yourself responsible. but if im not barking up the wrong tree here, youre not. Both of them tiny little babies managed to feel happiness, even if it was only for a short while and you made it possible. dont EVER feel like you let them down because if it wasnt fror you and youre mum they would never have known love.

sometimes when we nruse an animal back to health, or raise it, we see it was our responsilbity, because its up to you if they get better or not, but if they dont, that doesnt mean you failed.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

HUGE hugs to you, hun. xxxxx

I am still grieving over my lovely Tommy who I lost in February of last year, and my constant shadow Harry, who I lost 5 months before him. :cry: :cry: At the time, I didn't think that I would EVER be able to stop crying.....so I know how you feel.

I wish I could do something or say something to make you feel better. :cry: xxx

Back