• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Girl Beatrix Spayed Tomorrow

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
WHEN I GET BEATRIX HOME TOMORROW FROM THE VETS TOMORROW I AM PUTTING HER IN A SMALLER HUTCH IN OUR UTILITY ROOM,SO SHE CAN RECOVER,HOW SOON SHALL I PUT HER BACK WITH HER COMPANION NORMAN WHO WAS NEUTERED 6 MONTHS AGO?
THE VET SAID NORMAN SHOULD STAY AT HOME AND NOT COME IN AT THE SAME TIME WITH HER:shock:
SHALL I WAIT AND SEE HOW SHE IS OVERNOGHT BEFORE PUTTING THEM TOGETHER AGAIN
THANKS,AM REALLY WORRIED
JACKIE

What a shame the Vet is unaware of the benefits of keeping the Buns together.
Personally I would bring them both indoors. You will be needing to keep an eye on Beatrix anyway so will be able to make sure Norman is OK with her.
I have never had a problem with a Bun being spayed and then put straight back with their friend.

Janex

I'm with Jane on this one. Happy buns recover faster(just like people!), and so put her with back her Norman as soon as she's home. It might be worth rubbing Norman all over with a spare towel and then wrap Beatrix in it on her journey home so that some of the Vet smell will be masked.l

I'm with Jane and Hilda too.

I always find that putting buns back with their companion after an op helps them to recover faster, especially since their companion can help keep them warm

Thank you for your replies,you have been very helpful,i am worried that he may not be gentle with her but i will do the towel trick,thanks for that!I bet the vet tells me to keep them apart for a day or two but i think it is best that they stay together ;)

Back