• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent Advice Needed Please (sophie) -update 12.30am

Pringle

Warren Veteran
Im a total plum...idiot everything under the sun :cry: yesterday i moved pringle and sophies run/shed and i put them in a carry case until it was done, wheni put them back pringle was munching a carrot in it so i left it un...with the cushion, well tonight i went out to sophie and she was just sitting, i put their food in, she wasnt interested and then i shouted on her she never came for a cuddle, so i picked her up and brought her in, i noticed the cushion was chewed a bit and the material has holes and the spongey bit inside is chewed! i think she may have eaten a bit of it! i think she has poo'd as their is funny poos, i gave given her a wee bit infacol (dont have a clue if that will help) and rubbed her stomach, she not interested in eatng she has a few nibbles of a carrot and a leaf! help me :cry:

Last edited:
no silly stupid me for leaving it in their :cry: going to check her in a couple o mins and phone vet!! i wanna cry ahhh

Make the phone call and take their advice. If she's still eating a little bit then things are not at 'critical' point yet.
Presume you've isolated her from other bunnies so you can monitor what goes in and comes out?
Sending lots of positive vibes - I know how stressful it is :cry:

awww hun shell be ok, least youve spotted it early and she can be made better.... good luck hun, sending loads of vibes xxxxxxx

Definitely call the vets, if she has eaten some sponge and has an obstruction forming Infacol wont do the trick. There is the added worry that the sponge may swell.

Lots of (((vibes))).

Phoned vet and had sophie in for a while, then i took her to vets and vet was happy as she didnt have any obstructions in her stomach and was only gassy so she gave her fluid, two injections and emptied her bladder, so brought her home and she has nibbled a couple of bits of hay and is hopping around, so hopefully meds are working! she took £15 off bill as well so was good. she is going back tomorrow morning to see how she is so fingers crossed, its going to be a worrying night xx

my very first bunny, Big Fat Bunny, has chewed quite a bit of those spooge off the sofa. I didn't find out until months later, no problem there.

My bunny Minnie, has done the same thing, but I don't know if she has chewed it or just dig it out. The truth is, we can't stop them fast enough

Back