• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Springing a poundie tomorow. UD- Got him.

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
Tomorrow I am going to Sheffield Council pound to collect this little bunny who was abandoned outside:

poundie.jpg

Absolutely nothing is known about this rabbit but s/he has been at the pound for a week incase someone came forward to claim him/her however they have not done and his/her 7 days are now up. The rabbit has had to be kept in the same kenel block as the dogs :cry: who naturally are barking constantly so I fear s/he may be quite timid and stressed.

I am also not looking forward to walking past all the dogs who are on death row down there. :cry::cry:

Last edited:
He's lovely :love:, he's in buns in need at the minute and when I saw him I was like :love:

Yes, it was Becca who got in touch with animal control for me :D they have another one in to but that one is involved in some legalities at the moment so has to stay put :(

oh what an adorable little face - how could anyone abandon that? :shock: Hope he/she is fit and well and finds a happy ever after home - you might want to wear earplugs at the pound :?

I'm so glad this little bunny is coming to you Sooz. I very nearly bunny-napped it last week but I know I can't take another one in permanently. Knowing exactly where it is - and how many dogs are surrounding it - breaks my heart. :cry:

I am also not looking forward to walking past all the dogs who are on death row down there. :cry::cry:

I don't think the dogs are on death row in the way they used to be with the RSPCA - I've just looked on our website but there is no mention anywhere of how long they get. But common sense tells me that they're getting new dogs in all the time and can't keep them indefinitely.

Good luck with it tomorrow.

I'm so glad this little bunny is coming to you Sooz. I very nearly bunny-napped it last week but I know I can't take another one in permanently. Knowing exactly where it is - and how many dogs are surrounding it - breaks my heart. :cry:

I don't think the dogs are on death row in the way they used to be with the RSPCA - I've just looked on our website but there is no mention anywhere of how long they get. But common sense tells me that they're getting new dogs in all the time and can't keep them indefinitely.

Good luck with it tomorrow.

Have you checked out www.rainrescue.co.uk Becca? The pound dogs in Sheffield are listed there. Jaquie who runs RR works by taking dogs on their last day out of the pounds and will drive them anywhere in the country to find them a safe rescue place.

Sadly quite a few at Spring Street do end up PTS.

Have you checked out www.rainrescue.co.uk Becca? The pound dogs in Sheffield are listed there. Jaquie who runs RR works by taking dogs on their last day out of the pounds and will drive them anywhere in the country to find them a safe rescue place.

I haven't looked at that site before but I knew that our Dogs for Adoption (currently Dogs and Rabbit for Adoption) page has a link to Rain Rescue.

I knew there would be some PTS as I know the supply doesn't just stop when they're full. :cry: :cry: I suppose it's not something they want to advertise that they do, though it's obvious it will happen. I can't bear to think about it - when I went to fetch Bella from there it was just horrendous. I'm so glad you're getting the bun tomorrow, and I hope you will be able to help them in future with other buns. I know they're all really caring, but knowing they're looking after dogs that have a limited time must be very difficult for them. :cry: :cry:

I'm looking forward to finding out whether the bun is a girl or a boy!

What an absolutely adorable bunny!!!!!

How sad that he was abandoned. :evil: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I hope he finds a Forever Home VERY soon! xxx

Whats the link to the council site Becca? Im not 100% sure how to get to Spring Street once in the city center since the road works.

Im placing my bet on male based on appearence but I may be wrong :D I really want to call 'him' Rory :oops:

7 days isn't really a long time for an owner to reclaim their bun and they may not know that it's in the pound, we've had two rescues brought in to us who's owners were desparately trying to find them (even going to the police to ask), both buns were claimed their owners, one after one week, one after nearly two weeks. Both came from loving and caring families, maybe you could run a news article in the local paper to see if they come forward.

Whats the link to the council site Becca? Im not 100% sure how to get to Spring Street once in the city center since the road works.

Im placing my bet on male based on appearence but I may be wrong :D I really want to call 'him' Rory :oops:

I love Rory - s/he looks just like a Rory!!! :)

We don't seem to have information on how to get to Spring Street - I'll have to make sure that's put on.

The kennels are behind the big building that has an Indian restaurant underneath it and the new road goes right round it. If you are coming from town and the restaurant is on your right then you need to turn down the next road on the right - you should be able to hear the dogs barking :cry: - and then at the bottom of that little dead end road there is an office or some kind of works with a car park on the right and the entrance to the kennels is down past the garage - you'll have the new Inner Relief Road on your left and the car park on your right. Does that make sense? I'll see if we have any maps on the website.

Last edited:
7 days isn't really a long time for an owner to reclaim their bun and they may not know that it's in the pound, we've had two rescues brought in to us who's owners were desparately trying to find them (even going to the police to ask), both buns were claimed their owners, one after one week, one after nearly two weeks. Both came from loving and caring families, maybe you could run a news article in the local paper to see if they come forward.

The bunny was actually abandoned in November but was only put up for rehoming last week. The bunny was abandoned outside the pound so I'm not sure what any previous owner's rights would be.

Ah, well that's different then, poor wee bun :(

There was a story in our local paper where a family had their rabbit and hutch stolen from their garden, the hutch was found smashed up with no sign of the bun but a trail of hay/sawdust lead to a clothes recycling skip, the bun was found in there, alive, and was reunited with it's owner. At least that story had a happy ending! :lol:

Yes I find it highly unlikely the rabbit just happened to make it to the pound, especially considering the crazy road system surrounding the kennels and the constant barking is hardly a bunny magnet!

My theory is whoever dumped him/her did not realise that the RSPCA no longer ran the kennels and assumed it was the RSPCA who would pick the rabbit up, not the council.

I know where it is but am a bit unsure of the root from town. Will leave early so I have plenty of time to get lost!

That is so sad :cry::cry:

My Nan had to have her dog PTS, she was really old and no longer enjoying life, I told her I'll take her to the Dogs Trust when she's ready but I know it will upset me.

Back