• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boarding Bonded Bunnies

Pepsi's People

Alpha Buck
I am considering our options for our two when we go away this summer. For years a neighbour who also had rabbits looked after ours for us, but they moved in 2006. My son looked after them last year but he's gone off to uni so may not be an option this year. I've looked into boarding them but having read threads where bonded bunnies have fallen out in the presence of new additions, I'm wondering if this is really going to be suitable.
Has anyone who has boarded their bonded bunnies experienced this (or hopefully not experienced this)?

Thanks

Mike

If it's any peace of mind, We have bonded pairs and triplets boarding with us regularly and have never had a prob with them falling out here or any reports of it happening once they've gone home either.

wouldnt sending them away make them closer rather than fall out anyway... with all the territory stuff which im learning about slowly, its them entering the unknown rather than new buns entering their space......

Will read this thread with interest as if we go away this year its either taking hutch, run and all to mums or bunnyboarding if mum & dad come with us. Could try to bribe my cousin - he can have free board, lodge n food :shock:

Depending when you go, I dont mind having them for you - They could be kept well away from the other fluffies if your worried :) X

Hi, my two went to Kayj's twice last year and had no problems at all with all the other bunnies around, i think it makes the bond stronger if anything:D

Ive boarded my 3 several times at Cheryl's which means there are plenty of other bunnies in the same shed and nearby. They have always been fine and never had any falling out problems

I would love to go a holiday next year but dont have anybody close to look after my bunnies.

Do your bunnies seem ok after spending 1 whole week in a hutch?
The place I got in contact with said they dont let the bunnies out the hutch due to foxes in the area, I assume its the same for all places?

I would love to go a holiday next year but dont have anybody close to look after my bunnies.

Do your bunnies seem ok after spending 1 whole week in a hutch?
The place I got in contact with said they dont let the bunnies out the hutch due to foxes in the area, I assume its the same for all places?

No most places will give them a run around.

As long as you can find somewhere with enough space they should be fine. Barney and Roxy have always been fine boarding although I've started to leave them at home now as they are free range bunnies so I find it less stressy for me and them.

Thanks all for your replies, it sounds like I'm probably worrying unnecessarily. :oops:
It's partly because I'm aware that before we adopted her, Lillie had to be seperated from another rabbit that she went into the rescue with because they began fighting. Hopefully Trooper has softened her temperament :lol:

Depending when you go, I dont mind having them for you - They could be kept well away from the other fluffies if your worried :) X

That's a very kind offer, Becki, and certainly gives us another option. I will pm you the details.

Mike

Our bunnies have always gone away in pairs and had a good time - never affected their relationships with one another. If anyone needs a good boarding place in the Midlands I can certainly recommend one.

Providing our bonding goes okay on Friday then we'll have a bonded four together the next time they go away!

sorry to intude on your thread but how to you find boarding places for bunnies? We need somewhere for our buns to go when we get married as all the family will be with us at the wedding and i'd take them with me if they were allowed in the hotel lol

I posted this in an earlier thread:

I've just come across an unopened letter (from before Christmas!) from the Society for Abandoned Animals and found a flyer in it...

"The SAA now offer rabbit boarding in a secure unit with spacious pens. Proof of Myx and VHD vaccinations required. Prices from £3.00 per rabbit per day, discounts apply for bonded pairs. Additional needs can be catered for e.g. BONDING and administering of medications."

pm me if you want the phone no.

not sure if the where do u live was aimed at me but i'll pretend it is either way lol i'm in Wigan which is about 20miles from manchester

SAA is just off the motorway at Stretton, Manchester. You could always give them a ring and have a chat, or go round and have a look.:)

sorry to intude on your thread but how to you find boarding places for bunnies? We need somewhere for our buns to go when we get married as all the family will be with us at the wedding and i'd take them with me if they were allowed in the hotel lol

There's this page on the Rabbit Rehome site. A few listed there plus a link to another search facility at the bottom of the page.

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/boarding/holidayboarding.asp

Mike

Back