• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

some advice needed

mark1974

New Kit
I've recently split up with my partner,we had two rabbits together that were purchased together as pets. When we seperated the rabbits went with her which i did not have a problem with as she is very attatched to them. But she will now not let me see them. So any advice on this or assistance would be greatly appreciated

Awww thats a shame :cry: no advice really, maybe you can offfer to look after them when she goes away and stuff? I guess it's a bit different from a dog because you can't pop round to take them for walks :? Hope you work something out

It must be awful, I know my partner would want to see the buns if we ever split up!

How long ago did you split up, maybe she needs time to get over it?

There is'nt anything to get over she just is being stubborn and pathetic really. They are both are pets but she won't just admit it.

Golly I don't think my OH would bother to see our buns if we ever split up so its great that you do. Could you suggest joint custody with them perhaps coming over to you for one week in 4?

What a tough situation to be in. Just a thought would it not be a good idea to give rescues in your area the name of your partner in case she decides to put them into rescue (or is that my devious mind). I hope she decides to come round and let you see them:D

how long ago since you split? does she live far away? its a tough one but if she is looking after them well maybe ther is nothing you can do. i guess you are not freinds anymore and she doesnt want to see you either. sorry cant help but hope u work it out.

:oops:aww this is sad. I stayed with a guy a little longer than i should of when i was younger as i was scared of not bseeing my bunny barney.:oops:

I got visiting rights when we split.
Maybe she'll come round? i guess wshe might be mad at tyou but its not the animals fault

i know ill probably sound harsh, but visiting rights to animals is a bit odd IMO.. a child you can explain that mommy or daddy doesnt live here anymore and you can see them when ever you want, but how do you explain to a pet that the one they love will come into thier lives then go then back again i thought animals thrived on routine... i think if i lost custody of a pet id want to know it was being cared for but id keep away to ease any pining it may get by the odd visit.... i just dont see how its best for the animal..

its such a shame for the one left alone tho :(

Have to agree with Donna, let them go. I had a similar situation and lost my two beloved cats, in the end I had to accept they had a new life and I know my ex was taking care of them and they were happy, so I left it at that. Funnily enough we bump into each other occasionaly and he gives me updates. On the upside, maybe you could look at adopting some bunnies of your own - lots of homeless buns out there...:D

Back