• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Rescue

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
I thought I would post some pics of my little rescue, we're not massive, but being as other rescues have and there has been talk about hutch size etc, I thought I would post too. I'll start with the top of the garden, you'll have to excuse all the mud as my garden is mostly clay.

Lola and Bean's hutch is five by two by two with attached run.

S4020399.jpg

S4020400.jpg

run attaced, yep I know I am in desperate need to stain it.

S4020412.jpg

Chucky's hutch, this is eight foot by one and a one and a half, atually it's cheating as it's two hutches made into one :lol:, so it's got two bed boxes etc.

S4020401.jpg

S4020403.jpg

Now there is no attached run wih this (a friend has very kindly offered to make one though, so I can meet the new hutch sizes), but I do have stand alone runs in the garden. Chucky spent the day in this one, it's not massive but it's a chance of scene and it's got a small plastic hutch in (easy to clean) for bad weather.

Here he is standing on top in he rain :rolleyes:

S4020420.jpg

S4020418.jpg

Next is Fiva hucth, again it's smaller then the recommend but it's on three levels and she uses all three, it's four foot by about one and a half.

S4020397.jpg

again, there is no attached run. She uses an old hytch for a run, it's small four by four but it was one of the hutches taken when I've collected rabs before and it does as a run. I would never use the attached hutch as it'spants, not only is it too small, it's not secure and leaks, it's a bad utch, but the run underneath, is ok for a bun for a change of scene.

Here she is modeling it :lol:

S4020423.jpg

S4020421.jpg

Then we have the other hutch at the top of the garden, this is 5 by 2 by 2 on two levels. Ginger has been living in this one, you can see her downstairs in her litter tray.

S4020408.jpg

S4020409.jpg

again no attached run (I will get one made for it)

So Ginger has been going in a seven foot by four foot run in the day, again there is a little hutch in there so she has weather shelter.

you can ust see her under the hutch :lol:

S4020433.jpg

S4020434.jpg

NB none of the rabbits live in the runs, the little hutches are weather shelters, so they can go out in all weather

The shed, Maggi and Nic are in the shed at the minute. It's ten by four foot, inside there are two three foot hutches they're so they can use if they want or play in them. I'm sa on the one though, it's where the bowl are etc, as they like to stand on it.

S4020438.jpg

S4020440.jpg

S4020443.jpg

S4020410.jpg

middle of the garden up the side is the qurantine hutch, it's just a four foot by one on two levels. I would never put buns in this to live, so it stands empty, it's just an emergency overnight/qurantine hutch.

S4020437.jpg

Bottem of garden, is mainly where my own bunnies are, but I do have two long termer rescues down there, Coke and Baba, they're in a five by two by two double story with attached run.

S4020431.jpg

S4020430.jpg

S4020429.jpg

S4020427.jpg

In the house, upstairs, I do have the old scrag bag Nibbles, she is the rescue's resident. After Daisy died I did try to bond her, but she was having none of it, she's quite aggressive towards other buns she has loads of health problems and she's real old , so she's retired with me.

Her cage

S4020456.jpg

but she mainly sits at the top of the stairs pooing an harrassing Beatrix :lol:, I only lock her up at bed time, just in case some stehs on her going to the loo half alseep, she's out the rest of the time.

S4020462.jpg

That's us anywat we're not big or fancy and we do our best.

Wow you've got loads! Looks like a good setup, the cages are alot bigger than some rescues cages I've seen.

How long a day does it take you to tend to all the buns?

Wow you've got loads! Looks like a good setup, the cages are alot bigger than some rescues cages I've seen.

How long a day does it take you to tend to all the buns?

I would say between the three of us with feeding etc, it takes an hour each a day, I have a lovely bloke who comes and cleans out in the week and I spent about sive-six hours on weekend cleaning out, then again one evening in the week with Ste (my lodger). Thank you for your kind comments :D

:shock::shock::shock: Wow ! I take my hat off to you :thumb:

Awwwww thanks hun, I don't normally get th chance to put pics up as I only normally have internet at work, but had access this weekend so thought I would put some up.

I liked the pic of Nibbles taunting Beatrix on the stairs :lol:

She doesn't leave her alone, poor Bea is in a pap with me for leting another bun upstairs and it aint her :lol::lol:, it's good for Nib's cause she gets some company, even if all se wants to do is bite them :lol:

i take my hat off to you because clearly put alot of time and effort in. If i came to see your rescue i wouldnt be disappointed xx

i take my hat off to you because clearly put alot of time and effort in. If i came to see your rescue i wouldnt be disappointed xx

Awwwww thanks hun, it's looking bit rough at the minute, because all it seem to do is rain. All the bunnies are covered up at night, they have plastic blue curtains :lol::lol:

i know what you mean,i runa bunny boarding and i have a small section of the garden which has a little wall around it and is the bunny garden, and we layed turf when we opned up in june, has runs and hutches in in, but i let the bunnies run round the whole thing when im in there....

DSCF0828.jpg

and the nibble patch!
DSCF0838.jpg

but since november, its just thick mud. its shaded from all the sun in this seasons o it never dried out and looks awful and i always feel ashamed when i show sum1, but i know i cnt help it!

i shud really do a thread showing my entire bunny garden actually cus ive never shown it off!

my mum made it lol!
its now empty tho :(:(:(
my mum went out one nite cus she had some veggie scraps and didnt do up jelly and peanuts hutch, they got out and were out all night and ate everything! waiting 4 the weather 2 get nice so can replant!

You must have an enormous garden Tree! I love the hutch and run block at the bottom.

I would put some piccies up of mine but its dead boring as its mostly indoor cages, only three outdoor hutches and then the runs. Some of the buns exercise in my kitchen and bathroom.

Actually sometimes there is at least one rabbit in every room!

Back