• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aubiose Litter

Diddeen

Wise Old Thumper
Who uses this stuff? Is it good? Does it smell? Do you think it would get caught up in longhaired rabbits?

I currently use Yesterdays news recycled paper pelleted litter but am looking to see what else i could use. Ive heard about the Hemp products before although someone on here said the Hemcore one smelt.. just wondered if the Aubiose would be a good alternative for me to use:?

It does smell but not in a bad way, kind of woody. I used it for my piggies for a little while but found it got stuck in they're hair (they are long haired).

I got a huge bag for £7.50!

It is sort of like shavings (more like aspen if you've ever seen it) and gets EVERYWHERE, so imagine it would stick all over longhaired rabbits.
Ecopetbed (shredded cardboard squares) worked quite well for the rabbits and as it's larger pieces it doesn't tend to get kicked around too much.

I use it for the litter trays and for my hamsters cage. Apparently people will long haired hammies like it, so I would have thought it would have been ok for bunnies, easier to brush out than shavings. I actually only use it in the trays with a layer of hay on top so it wouldnt stick to any long haired buns the way I use it. I havent noticed any particular smell from from it, well nothing I've noticed thats bad, maybe a woody smell. Its good value and comes in a huge bale.... mine is lasting ages and I have various amounts of foster buns, oh and its easi to sweep/hoover up.

If your really unsure I could send you a handful to have a look at.

Aubiose litter.

I used to use Aubiose but found that it attracted flies:shock::cry:kept finding maggots laid in the corners of my hutches which i had never had with other bedding:cry:I now use Jopack:)it,s great and NO flies:)
I clean my hutches out every day so they are really clean and i hated finding these in them:evil:
I also liked using chopped straw but it,s not very absorbant:cry:

We use aubiose, I've found it really good. Absorbs real well, cuts down on bunny smeel too and its not got caughtup in our bunnies' fur, but we dont have any long haired ones.
I've never had a prob with flies with it though :?

Back