• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help! Lovers Tiff?

Sarah86

Mama Doe
Hmm.. I cleaned the litter trays out this morning and noticed that there was some of Charlies fur in the bigger one, I mentioned it to my o/h and he said that Poppy was chasing him yesterday morning when he topped their hay up. It happened a bit whilst we were at my parents and his parents over Christmas and for a couple of days when we got back but I put it down to them being a bit unsettled, they were in a new dog crate and in two different surroundings.

There was only a bit of humping, minor chasing and a bit of fur pulling so I kept them together and thought that it had subsided, it seems to be Poppy who is being argumentative but I can't think why she's doing it.

Could it be food related? Or could it be that the hutch isn't giving them enough space, it is a 6ft hutch divided into three sections and the door holes are only big enough for one bun to get through at a time? They don't do it when they are out on the roof terrace. Charlie sometimes comes inside and follows me downstairs when the door is open but Poppy will only come so far in because she doesn't like the floor- could this be upsetting her? :?

Are they getting as much exercise as they normally do? Maybe she is feeling a little stressy? Could be food but if she hasn't done it previously it makes me think she is getting moody over the food because of something else bothering her. Maybe she is still a little unsettled since being away over xmas?
I guess she is already neutered?
Im sure they will be ok though! Maybe give them some more exercise to let her blow off more steam? Scatter the food over a larger area too to reduce the need for her to protect the food too :D

that is exactly what my buns were doing yesterday,except Beatrix was building a nest,ringing the vet tomorrow for an appointment to get her spayed

jackie

Poppy is definately spayed, but even my spayed girls have mardy moo times so she might just be having a bit of a moment. The hutch is definately big enough, is she happy sharing her food? Like Leanne said maybe she needs a bit more exercise and maybe some me time. Is she getting plenty of cuddles and attention from you guys? I know she like human attention as well as bunny attention. :D

Poppy is definately spayed, but even my spayed girls have mardy moo times so she might just be having a bit of a moment. The hutch is definately big enough, is she happy sharing her food? Like Leanne said maybe she needs a bit more exercise and maybe some me time. Is she getting plenty of cuddles and attention from you guys? I know she like human attention as well as bunny attention. :D

I leave the hutch door open all day until I go to bed at daft o clock so she has plenty of exercise, she is a bit wary of us at the moment though because we've had to catch her to put her back in the hutch quite a few nights recently so she hasn't had as much attention from us because shes been running away presumably because she doesn't want to go to bed and thinks thats where she's going, she's harder to bribe than Charlie and goes in the tunnels or under the hutch, she's not daft and will run to one end wait for me to get close then dive through it :lol:. She approached me yesterday and today though for attention, I'll give her even more and see if that settles her, I think Charlie may have got more than her recently because he asks for it more- I feel bad now:(.

I scatter the pellets outside on the paving slabs, there is always a dry patch because of the roof overhang and if its raining I bring them in and feed them, its only her veg that she runs away with to eat away from Charlie.

I think I'll have to take them both into the bedroom more too where she can have a good run around, she doesn't tend to come out of the hutch as much as in the cold weather so probably isn't getting as much exercise.

Back