• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should not have gone in...

Leanne

Wise Old Thumper
P@H :?
I went to Tesco and its just over the way so popped in to look at what they have in for homing....
There is a 5 yr old female who lived in a school and foxes have been sniffing around so they have given her to P@H. She has ear mites and weepy eyes. I asked one of the staff (she is really nice and knew she would be honest) and she said that they were quite worried about her and that she has weepy eyes and crusty ears. It was really busy and she was on the till so didn't get anymore out of her but I asked how much the donation was and she said whatever the person can afford.
Now....I know that rabbit will not be fully treated, I bet the teeth haven't been checked and she is in general bad condition and may well be older than 5. I don't know what to do :? I have a rabbit shed free but can't put her in there as its too cold as she has been indoors for a couple of weeks. I have an indoor cage but thats booked for boarding in a few weeks.
I just really feel she won't get the help she needs though. Im not too concerned about vet bills, It will just mean my vet debt will be much bigger but so long as I pay some off each month its not a problem. The staff at this branch are, in the majority, very caring but I suspect there is a limit on how much they are allowed to spend on veterinary treatment per animal. What if she gets homed to someone with little knowledge and money to pay for vet bills :?
Hmmmm.....
Someone tell me what I should do!!!!!!

I couldnt leave an animal anywhere if I knew they werent receiving the right veterinary care.

I would call the RSPCA, its irresponsible for them to keep an animal in store who is in need of treatment.

Dont talk to me about p@h I have had a massive bust up with a manger of one in store today and needly got arrested..... I have been banned :oops:

I think I'd have to take her home with me and get her sorted out, could you get something to put her in temporarily like a pen, I had Poppy in the Zooplus one for a bit before I bonded her with Charlie.

Thats awful that she came from a school in that state, thats hardly teaching kids how to look after animals is it.

Im going to go get her in the morning.

To be fair, the store are treating her mites and weepy eyes but haven't investigated. Its highly unlikely they have even thought of teeth probs or any other probs that may cause it such as snuffles.

Please don't turn this thread into a P@H bashing thread ;)

I just posted to confirm that I should get her even though I shouldn't be adding to my collection! Hehe!

I think I'd have to take her home with me and get her sorted out, could you get something to put her in temporarily like a pen, I had Poppy in the Zooplus one for a bit before I bonded her with Charlie.

Thats awful that she came from a school in that state, thats hardly teaching kids how to look after animals is it.

I have an indoor cage and she can have free range of the house but I have boarders booked in in a few weeks and im also looking after my friends dogs beginning of Feb who are NOT small animal freindly, this is what stopped me taking her there and then. I will have to set something up in the living room for her whilst they stay, luckily im on half term the week the dogs are here so they won't be left alone at all (I have images of them breaking the door down!) When the boarders are here I will have to have her in my bedroom or something!

Another typically neglected school pet :(

It shouldn't be allowed, they obviously haven't taken responsibilty for her, I wouldn't be suprised if she's been dumped there because she has health problems.

Thats exactly what my suspicions are :(

Im going to ask round a few people I know at diff schools and find out which one it was. There was def a school though that had 2 rabbits killed a month or so ago, it was in the local paper, maybe she was a survivor?
She looks so rough though that either way she hasn't had much tlc :(

Im worried now! I will ring them first thing and ask them to hold her for me til I can get there! She isn't available until tomorrow, I think prob because that will be the last dose of whatever meds she is on there. So im worried someone else who wont be able to pay for vet tx will get there first!
Arghhhhh! If I had had a sane head today I would have not worried about where to put her and persuaded them to let me take her there and then! Grrr!

I don't think that anyone will have taken her unless their intentions were the same as yours, for the sake of £25 I'm sure they'd choose a 'cute baby bunny' instead.

I don't think that anyone will have taken her unless their intentions were the same as yours, for the sake of £25 I'm sure they'd choose a 'cute baby bunny' instead.

Yes thats true! Im just being para and feeling guilty for not trying to take her today I think. My heads all muddled today too, uni stress!
There was another 16 mth old bun in too which I couldn't see and a white guinea pig :( No details on them though...

Back