• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The mamoth food scabble

Julia123

Warren Veteran
What feeding time like with your buns???? As i've mentioned mine have been on a diet.... had a lie in this morning, however first thing i did was dutifully feed the fluffs.....3 sections, fosters first, then trio then Speedy..... well you would think they haven't been fed for a week !!!

While feeding the fosters i have all three of the trio's noses pressed up against the conservatory door... they then follow me racing a skipping round my feet while i get theirs and finally jump all over each other to get a good spot in the bowl :shock::shock: even little Speedy did a fidgety bum wiggle when he saw his coming :shock: I feel like I'm starving them :rolleyes::lol::lol:

:lol: fidgetty bum wiggle :love:

My buns are exactly the same, they run around in a circle and occasionally, one with get popped out of the whirlwind and dive back in :lol: Whenever I have any plastic bag, they think I'm bringing found and run over to me as well.

We should take a video next feeding time!

yup alvin acts starved everytime we go into the kitchen..... ste always falls for it im so gonna have a fat bunny!!

yup mine are just like that. I'm hand feeding everything at the minute even veg but doo have to throw some stuff to the otherside of the room so I can sit down without squashing a bunny.

Well I have to feed the mutt and the cats first because they are free range and make it very known they are hungry!

I then feed my indoor bunnies, currently four in 3 crates which normally inovles them excaping, realiseing the food is in the crate and having to wait for them to clock on and jump back in.

Then the indoor rescues, numbering 10 currently which involves them running back and forth in their cages whilst I feed them, a few jumping out and other pushing their heads in the bowl and blocking the door as I try to get the bowl in. In a couple of cases I have to stop and give nose rubs before Im allowed to pick the bowl up or I risk a nip :rolleyes: Sometimes I stop and listened to the noise of the combined munching before I leave.

Finally I do the outside buns, usually number between 6 and 7 but only 4 at the moment. These are the easy ones but I do get mobbed by the terrible trio and the food bowl has occasionally been knocked from my hand :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: great stories :lol::lol: glad its not just me then :D They seem to have had a new lease of life now they are being *starved* :lol::lol:

:D Mine are all starved :rolleyes: In the morning when I go to feed them their pellets all 15 of them race round and round my feet, making it impossible to move and then when I put two of the bowls down they dont see them, crash into them and then there's a huge pile up as the ones behind crash into the ones in front and they all try and stick their heads into one bowl ............... every morning!! :lol: Civilization is definately out the window with that lot!

Mine are allways starved too. When I go into the kitchen in the morning or in the evening they go bananas. I have to pick the little one up (4 months) because they tend to nip each other and forgetting about the food, after they've run a few laps around me first. I get a bit nervous because I don't want them to fight so I would have to split them up. Do you all think this will calm down when she's speyed? I looks like she's starting it..

I usually end up pouring the pellets on rabbits heads. Or the bowl getting knocked over, they do the spinny dance too.

mine go mad - needless to say - the girls usually hurtle round the patio in a line like a little train, often going round and round and round their 'climbing frame' chasing each other off the pellets I guess - while I stand there by the shed door laughing at them and holding the pellets - then one girl will do a double take at me - hang on - she has the pellets! and they all steam back into the shed and proceed go mad in there while I try to find a clear bit of floor to put the pellets down on :lol: Love it when I give them brocolli - Victoria waggles her tail defiantly, and Primrose settles down to munch with her back twitching - it's so wierd the way their skin twitches when they're enjoying food :shock:

Maa runs round my feet - I take one step - she runs around again - I take another step - and so on till I reach her hutch - it's great exercise for her as is Benny's mad dashing up and down - I walk deliberately slow so he gets maximum exercise as he's so lazy normally, so he'll run to me - to the hutch - looks at me and stamps - runs back to me then to the hutch then round my feet - awww they're so cute :lol:

As soon as Barley hears you coming out to feed him he goes... well... rather excited!!! Runs about from hutch to run, normally finishing by scratching the netting on the inside of the shed door! Recently I've been taking the bowl out ready filled to save on some of the stres!

When he had a hutch run combo he would run out of his hutch onto the run and help himself out of the tub of food! He's been known to pull it over before - this normally results in swearing on my part :oops:

Hannah

I feel true joy stopping to listen to that sound:D

Me too, I find it very satisfying, it shows how content they all are. The noise of 10-12 rabbits eating at the same time is amazing though.

Elve, mine do that twitchy thing too, its so peculiar!

My lot do the same.. act like they are starved! As soon as i go in in the morning they start chasing each other around the room really fast! Its so noisy cos they have lino on the floor! Simba gets so excited he often tries to hump the girlies much to their disgust! :shock: I dont give them a bowl of pellets though.. sometimes i sprinkle the pellets around the room or sometimes i give them a treatball with them in. I get the same response when i bring veggies in the evening.. except Nala always hears me go into the fridge and comes downstairs to see what ive got.. Fifi usually meets me at the top of the stairs and Simba sits in his room waiting, charging at the girls when they return in front of me! :lol::lol:

Ours act like they're starved every minute of their lives! Though, of course, there's always plenty of hay! Even Sienna goes mental when her food comes. Glad to hear they're getting more lively and interactive tho :D

Mine are more bothered about getting out of their hutch into their compound. Wolfie has a few mouthfuls then bolts out the door. Gloria will stay and eat for a while then go out too. They then go around sniffing at everything to see what has been happening while they've been in bed. I move things about, add boxes and ramps and open the ark over their burrow and it's a brand new sniffy day.

HOWEVER, I am starting to slowly cut down their food as I have been giving them extra during the winter as they live outside all year. So very soon they will be joining the manic rabbits on this thread. They just don't realise it yet!!!! :lol::lol:

Back