• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smudge is a Dutch!?

Graeme27Uk

Warren Scout
Well I think the P@H store person mis-identified Smudge... I'm sure she is a Dutch and not a Nethie....

Anyone better at identifying breeds?

She's the black one... she's camera shy so trying to get piccies is a challenge.

PHTO0002.jpg

PHTO0004.jpg

And yes... she has a bit of her ear missing... don't ask how. We came home one day and there was a circular mark on her ear... rushed to vets but they said everything was ok and she just must have done something....who knows what!

Then few weeks later it fell out....

She seems fine with it though. I think she wanted to be a deviant bunny and its her equivalent of a piercing or tattoo.

Not that it matters cos she is lovely cuddly mischevious bunny and makes no difference... I'm just curious... that and having smoe idea of what breed she is gives me an idea of how big she might get. Having said that she doesn't show much signs of getting any bigger... still 1.6kg.

P@H said I was a dwarf lop although mum suspects that this was Dad's error and he didn't even ask them what I was :lol:, Charlie

P3080289.jpg

To be honest P@H can't even sex rabbits correctly in most branches so the chances of them identifying a breed are rubbish too! Horrible place!

I think most p@h rabbits are cross breeds. When I last went in one they identified the breeds as English/dutch and lop crosses.

To be honest P@H can't even sex rabbits correctly in most branches so the chances of them identifying a breed are rubbish too! Horrible place!

Bit of a sweeping generalisation there.

In my store we're rather good at sexing rabbits and identifying the breeds :)

she's probably a nethie cross I'm fostering sid who is 1.5kg but had the definate nethie face, fur and ears.

I got my first bunny sooty from pets at home. He is a dwarf lop but I suspect a bit of a cross breed because his face is more like an uppy bunny. I've noticed that many of the buns that pass through my local have a similar face shape. However given that the flattened face is partly what causes teeth problems in dwarf lops I would have thought this was a good thing.

Back