• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

To top it all .....

Julia123

Warren Veteran
To top off my terrible day I have just found a pool of blood on my living room floor - was only in kitchen for 10 mins..... I think Nushka has pulled a claw after scraping at Speedy's cage.... I've checked her, she has a definate dark spot of bleeding on her foot - its stopped now and she's licking it - I think i know the answer but, its ok isn't it - nothing more i can do??

:cry:

Yep, they bleed lots but she heal up fine on it's own. Only need to worry if she starts limping on it :)

Dizzy did it loads of times when he was tearing around the house like a nutter. As Tamsin said, just leave her to lick it clean and keep an eye on it but should be fine x

I gave her some yoghurt drops :oops: i know i shouldn't but she's a poorly girl.... she's just sitting calmly now...what a day !!

PS thanks for confirming :)

Sounds like you need a date with Ben & Jerry (apologies if you are a vegan)

No apologies needed :D Ben and Jerry's sounds like an excellent idea but there is no way I'm venturing out in this weather!! The wine will have to do !! :D:D

Aaawwww - poor little Nush! Hope the wine's helping!! You decided to stay in tonight then? :D

Poor Nush Pftttt !! She was the one trying to eat Speedy through the wires :shock: But ya, poor baby all the same, staying in was preferable...goodness know what bad luck would have befallen me had i ventured out :roll::roll:

Quit studying and have a glass of wine !!! :lol::lol:

:lol: :lol: How did you guess I was studying? Have I mentioned it enough? :lol: That one was this morning, next and last one is an essay due Monday on the nomothetic approach to psychology :?, I'm slowly cracking up. :x I'm past wine... need vodka

:lol: :lol: How did you guess I was studying? Have I mentioned it enough? :lol: That one was this morning, next and last one is an essay due Monday on the nomothetic approach to psychology :?, I'm slowly cracking up. :x I'm past wine... need vodka

:lol::lol: I remembered from something you posted before :lol: ok essay tomorrow vodka tonight :thumb:

Back