• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

English Giants - Pet Shop, Morecambe - HELP!!

AliBenMummy

Mama Doe
Hi there,

I've just been to stock up on Excel and my usual pet shop didn't have any. I went to a place in Morecambe and went to see the buns, even though I shouldn't because it always upsets me.

I saw two huge english giants in a hutch 6ft wide x 2ft tall. They had no hay to eat and I couldn't even see any food although all the other animals seemed to have some so guess they must have. The conditions were clean but they looked so sad. I asked the girl behind the counter about them and they were the owners buns and about a year old and she was unsure of the sex (I really hope they're neutered) but they were trying to get rid of them. At this point I said I may be back!!

Thing is, I can't adopt another 2, I have my hands full with my 3 and a full time job with daily commute. However, if someone could adopt them I would pick them up from the pet shop and bring them to you anywhere in Lancashire / Cumbria. I would even take them in for a week or so until someone could adopt them, but this would have to be very short term.

If anyone wants to contact the shop, its Yorkshire Street Pet Shop in Morecambe. Feel free to PM me if needs be. Please help someone!

Thanks in advance.

Gemma

Hi there,

I've just been to stock up on Excel and my usual pet shop didn't have any. I went to a place in Morecambe and went to see the buns, even though I shouldn't because it always upsets me.

I saw two huge english giants in a hutch 6ft wide x 2ft tall. They had no hay to eat and I couldn't even see any food although all the other animals seemed to have some so guess they must have. The conditions were clean but they looked so sad. I asked the girl behind the counter about them and they were the owners buns and about a year old and she was unsure of the sex (I really hope they're neutered) but they were trying to get rid of them. At this point I said I may be back!!

Thing is, I can't adopt another 2, I have my hands full with my 3 and a full time job with daily commute. However, if someone could adopt them I would pick them up from the pet shop and bring them to you anywhere in Lancashire / Cumbria. I would even take them in for a week or so until someone could adopt them, but this would have to be very short term.

If anyone wants to contact the shop, its Yorkshire Street Pet Shop in Morecambe. Feel free to PM me if needs be. Please help someone!

Thanks in advance.

Gemma

I get my degu food from there, haven't noticed them before so they must be new editions. I'll have a look monday. I'd be more than willing to help out with anything, since I'm actually in Morecambe. :)

Hi there,

The giants were at the back of the shop on the right hand side, in a hutch underneath the guinea pigs and baby buns.

Please could you let me know what you think when you go in as I won't be able to go again until the weekend.

Many thanks,

Gemma

Back