• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi question about rabbits and music.

Hi to cut a long story short my partner is a dj, which means he spends a lot of time playing music in the house where BLIM the rabbit is kept in the kitchen and he is always in living room the musicx isnt very loud but u can feel the bass. Question i have is does the rabbit like music or has she got very sensitive hearing?

If rabbits dont like music looks like im going to have to get shot of my partner (joke) or atleast his sound system :lol:

when i lived at my parents house my rabbits would often sit next to or behind my dads hifi speakers (no joke...these things were nearly 5 ft!) and he never listened to his music quietly...(he often had it extremely loud so he could listen to while he was outside) im assuming if they didn't like it they would have found somwhere else to sit :?
saying that, im always carefull to play music quietly when im in the room with them.

maybe offering her a thick rug or somthing to absorb some of the vibrations might be helpful?:?

i would see where they go to when the music on if away from it then they prob dont like it if near it they prob dont mind. im not sure i would think thye have sensitive hearing as they are rabbits but iv never owned a house rabbit so i could not say for definate.

alvins not fussed by TV if that helps..... ste plays shoot em games too and so far alvin stays in the middle room not running away to his own room so it cant be too bad

I don't ofetn watch TV or have music on in the house but I have noticed when b/f comes round and TV is on the buns seem strangely relaxed - Gabriel even watches it :shock: Shouldn't worry too much :D

Harley sits for ages watching the tv Honey joins in sometimes

DSC02440.jpg

I had a large Dutch doe called bonnie, who used to 'dance' if she heard the Rasmus... :? I'd play it in here quite loudly, and she'd be outside in the run, but the windows were open... And she's start binkying the moment she heard them...

Rabbits do have very sensitive hearing but all mine seem to cope with music quite well. The only time we've had a rabbit complain was when a visitor decided to turn it really loud, it was painful for my ears and skid began to thump so it got turned down. But apart from that our rabbits are not bothered or sometimes have a little dance to it.

I'm glad to know other people's bunnies sit and watch TV. Does anyone else find if they start channel hopping bunny gets annoyed?

Mine watch TV and aren't bothered by music, Charlie was at first but he's got used to it now. He hates the sound of noisy shoes though like high heels or boots on a hard floor, apparently when he was at P@H they were doing refurbishments, when next door had some workmen in that were clomping around in heavy boots and he was downstairs with me where you can hear more he thumped and grunted, I dread to think why he hates that noise so much, he was nervous when we got him and can get spooked if you make sudden movements without him knowing your there.

I think they get used to loud music - piggies are very nervous usually but mine aren't bothered any more - I did think of dj-ing once with piggies on the decks as they are sooo laid back with it :lol: It's just sudden, unexpected loud noises they really hate - and so do I :shock:

Back