• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I made a gerbilarium

CottonMather

Warren Veteran
for my boys! :D

It is a Jumbo storage bin with a Carmen 3 bird cage wired to the lid
2008_0111faye10006.jpg

Well ventilated with a strip cut out and meshed over - there are also some ventilation holes at the sides
2008_0111faye10002.jpg

Sand bath for the boys
2008_0111faye10008.jpg

enoying their new house!
2008_0111faye10012.jpg

2008_0111faye10015.jpg

I did previously have 4 boys in 2x rotastak creepy castle, but a fight broke out and I had to split 1 (I tried to re introduce and then tried to split into 2 pairs, but he wouldn't have any of it :roll:)... I got them about a year and a half ago from the RSPCA, and this was the first time they had scrapped.
Gob, Buster and George-Michael are now in the bin cage and Tobias is in the Creepy Castle for now, but I may get him a different cage...

wowee....I used to have gerbils in a rotastack but it wasn't half as fun as that. Gerbils are worse than buns for guarding their space so it's not surprising that once they were split you couldn't get them back together again. I think from what I remember males and females pair for life but will attack anything that isn't their mate which is why gerbil means something like vicious.

Wow they must love that! Is the bottom filled with mud? They like digging tunnels don't they?

it's megazorb mixed with hay, which they can burrow through and then one corner has begging... I'm going to research using other stuff to make it more fun though! :D

Looks really good.
and I love their names..which one is George Michael?:lol:

he is one of the black ones - he has white bracelets over his front paws - that's how I tell him from Buster (the other black one)
The names are from a really funny american tv series called 'arrested development'...:D poor George Michael ending up with that name! :lol:

Back