• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How good is megazorb...should i buy some??

kelzuna

Warren Scout
Read a few reviews that people really like megazorb and some dont like it....

Whats it really like - should i get some??? currently use woodshaving in litter tray was thinking of changing?

I like it, it's cheap, cheerful, not dusty, absorbes the wee nicely! Does have a strange aroma but mine are garden bunnies so I don't really notice this so much, actually I don't notice it at all anymore!

Hannah

I have gone back to carefresh but only because I found it hard to find somewhere to store my huge bag of megazorb and my lot mostly have hay in their litter trays.

I do like it though and if I had more bunnies, I would make the effort to store the bag! I never really noticed the smell and at £5 a bag, it's very good value.

mine are indoor bunnys and i find it too messy, it gets on their fur and when they run around it gets onto the carpet, if they were outdoor buns i'd definately use it!

Our house bunnies have megazorb and it's great. Much more economical than (and better for them health-wise) than shavings and definitely more absorbant. We don't have the problem with it being pulled out of tray.

mine are indoor bunnys and i find it too messy, it gets on their fur and when they run around it gets onto the carpet, if they were outdoor buns i'd definately use it!
I overcome the problem of it being flicked around by Nia when she goes in and out of her litter tray by putting sheet of newspaper over the megazorb and then putting a small piece of vetbed on the top. The newpaper is there just to stop the megazorb from clinging to the vetbed. I just handwash the vet bed everyday. You could use an old towel insead but it gets saturated quickly whereas vetbed wicks the urine away from the top.

Back