• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pine cones

kelzuna

Warren Scout
are they ok for bunnies - i imagine liquorice will chew and eat them - i was gona buy some from hay experts??

My two like pine cones too. It's a good idea to put them in boiling water first to kill any bugs and germs, then let them dry out for a day or two. That's what i usually do, especially if you pick them off the ground in the woods and stuff. :)

My two like pine cones too. It's a good idea to put them in boiling water first to kill any bugs and germs, then let them dry out for a day or two. That's what i usually do, especially if you pick them off the ground in the woods and stuff. :)

i was going to mention above to Joanne, i think hay experts are heat treated to prevent mites ect:wave:

Go for a walk in the woods and get them for free!!

Yer but you don't know if anything has been sprayed near them. I'm always scared to just pick up from somewhere.

Anyways mine liked them when they first went in but then the novelty wore off and they just push them to one side :roll:

It's a good idea to put any picked up in the wild in the oven for a few hours so as to dry them out and kill any nasties. Rinsing them with boiling water is also a good idea.

Back