• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding - 5 becomes 6 U/D more pics - we're getting somewhere!

louandjoe

Alpha Buck
It's going ok so far, chasing and fur pulling, but also grooming as well :D

Excuse all the mess!

Mylo with Bella
bellamylo.jpg

Mavis & Bella
mavisbella.jpg

Bella, Mylo, Barney, Mavis & Millie
mess.jpg

She's moved!
buns.jpg

Last edited:
Joe.jpg

You can just see him in the background :lol: He's been flicked with poos all night where they've been running around :lol:

Still quite alot of chasing going on, more so Bella diving away when anyone goes near here :oops: Poor girl.

I've moved them downstairs to a corner of the living room as was scared about Bella jumping out of the cage upstairs.

She's still running away when anyone comes near here, none of the buns are really chasing her now, she just gets scared when they come near her and dives away :? I don't want her to be scared :?

She's been lying down and eating hay and stuff so I know she's ok in herself. Any tips for making her less jumpy with the other buns? Did I read somewhere that people have put something on a buns head so the other bun grooms them?

Wow thats looking good! Its banana you put on their heads, however if no bun licks it off it can get VERY messy !! :lol:

setup.jpg

bunnies.jpg

mylobella.jpg

mousebella.jpg

As you can see from the pics, Bella seems quite comfortable but whenever somebun goes near, she runs off. She doesn't seem as scared as she did last night so is getting used to the other buns.

got to say as i failed to bond my bun before she was unwell and that was only with 1 other bunny....god ur brave!!! but im very glad its going well!! :) :) they will be gorgeous as a group!

I'm sure she'll be fine..she's quite a nervy bunny anyway and I'm sure she'll adapt fairly quickly once she's realised nothing bad's about to happen to her. When she first came to us, she ran away and hid, but after a day or so she became quite nosy. She was a "stray" so there's no way of knowing what she's been through.

She seems to trust us as when she runs away, she comes and stretches up to us against the cage :love:

They're all alot quieter now but I'm putting that down to be daytime!

if you put bannana on their heads, make sure they're not too hungry or the bun in question will get mobbed by 5 buns all trying to get too it. I wouldn't put it on her head as she might get scared but if there's a bun near her, give it a go and see if she'll go and lick it off. Then put a blob on hers.....Be prepared to have crunchy heads for a bit. Even if they lick it it still dries crunchy.

Good luck with it all.

She's still running away when anyone comes near here, none of the buns are really chasing her now, she just gets scared when they come near her and dives away I don't want her to be scared

Liquorice did this a lot when I bonded my 6. She just wanted to stay out of the way. This is completely normal behaviour. If Bella is eating and resting then she is fine;).

Guess who is one bossy boots out of mine now though? :roll: Yep! :lol:

Back