• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recently bonded bun U/D back in the house)

karen354

Warren Veteran
Okay buns have been together since Monday morning in the conservatory. .
I've moved the 4 outside and the female is being aggressive :( shes nipped Cookie's bum and had chased Thomas aswell.. Their shed has been scrubbed and carpeted, I was there on hand to pick her up when she went to attack one of the other buns.. The only bun she doesn't go for in the shed and enclosure is Fudge :?
Do you think it'll settle down ? Little Cookie is too small to be picked on :(Furby is much bigger.

Last edited:
Were Furby and Cookie choosing to sit near each other or groom whilst in the conservatory?

I'd leave them Karen, Just put loads of obsticles in the shed so that they can get away & if she chases she'll have to get through tunnels, in between boxes etc. Couple of pet carriers in there usually work well too. Try not to worry Im sure it will turn out alright X

I'd leave them Karen, Just put loads of obsticles in the shed so that they can get away & if she chases she'll have to get through tunnels, in between boxes etc. Couple of pet carriers in there usually work well too. Try not to worry Im sure it will turn out alright X

I know I had to do that when we bonded Thomas with Fudge and Furby..
I'm so nervous to leave them alone :(

Nipping and chasing is ok, as long as they aren't locking on or injuring each other - they'll still be getting used to each other.

Keep at it hun, the buns will be fine. Cookie is little but he's also probably a lot quicker and more nimble than your other buns! :wave:

Have you started your bond yet ?

Sorry hadn't finished typing that message and pressed send by accident!

Starting tonight, just getting the bonding area ready (our bedroom :shock: as they've been pretty much everywhere else in our house). I'm not looking forward to it but can't wait for Bella to meet my other buns and have some rabbit company as she seems a bit lonely.

Sorry hadn't finished typing that message and pressed send by accident!

Starting tonight, just getting the bonding area ready (our bedroom :shock: as they've been pretty much everywhere else in our house). I'm not looking forward to it but can't wait for Bella to meet my other buns and have some rabbit company as she seems a bit lonely.

Let us know how it's going and can we have some pictures please ?:D
Good luck hope it goes well..
karen x

Everything is calm now :D I left them to it :( I felt awful but with me standing there watching it seemed to make Furby worse.. I did watch but not in their shed/enclosure.
They have all just had their tea and Furby was fine with him.. Fingers crossed it stays calm..

Are they locking on to each other or just chasing Karen? When she chases them , does she just send them off or continue to follow them?

I think Furby may just be sorting out who's boss...

Its difficult to comment without seeing their behaviour for real in the flesh.

My group were ok with each other after one day but up until about 2 weeks after that there was still the odd chase or fur pulling but nothing more sinister. ;) I woundn't say they were truely bonded though until those 2 weeks had passed.

Last edited:
Are they locking on to each other or just chasing Karen? When she chases them , does she just send them off or continue to follow them?

I think Furby may just be sorting out who's boss...

Its difficult to comment without seeing their behaviour for real in the flesh.

My group were ok with each other after one day but up until about 2 weeks after that there was still the odd chase or fur pulling but nothing more sinister. ;) I woundn't say they were truely bonded though until those 2 weeks had passed.

No they aren't locking on because little Cookie is afraid of her and running away :cry::(.. I really don't think Furby wants to hurt him, she loved him as soon as she met him on Monday like you said she just wants to be big boss.

I think you're doing the right thing Karen. Cookie's just wised up young and realised that giving a stroppy woman a wide berth is a good plan!! :D I think they'll be fine, like the others have said it's just new ground and she's wanting to make sure everyone knows she's the boss. I'm sure she'll settle down soon - fingers crossed for you.x

I think you're doing the right thing Karen. Cookie's just wised up young and realised that giving a stroppy woman a wide berth is a good plan!! :D I think they'll be fine, like the others have said it's just new ground and she's wanting to make sure everyone knows she's the boss. I'm sure she'll settle down soon - fingers crossed for you.x

Hi Chloe :wave: I just want to pick my little man up and bring him in the house with me.. I know I can't though :( Fudge and Thomas love him and Furby did until he went into 'her home'. .
I'm so happy with him he's so friendly, I just love him :love::love:

Aaawwww - so glad you two are fully bonded already!! He is a gorgeous little man - give him a nose rub for me and tell Furby I said she should be nice to him :D

Aaawwww - so glad you two are fully bonded already!! He is a gorgeous little man - give him a nose rub for me and tell Furby I said she should be nice to him :D

She better had or she'll be spending the night on her own :lol::lol:she's a bossy little madam!

There was some of Cookie's fluff in the shed today :(he seems a little quiet and very nevery of Furby now..

We've got them in the run now but Furby is chasing and fur pulling whenever she goes near him.. Anyone any idea's at what to do next ?

You just need to lave them to it and make sure Cookie has ample places to get away from Furby if she gets too much for him.

You will only get a real problem if he tries to have a pop back at her...

Back