PDA

View Full Version : Recently bonded bun U/D back in the house)

karen354
11-01-2008, 06:11 PM
Okay buns have been together since Monday morning in the conservatory. .
I've moved the 4 outside and the female is being aggressive :( shes nipped Cookie's bum and had chased Thomas aswell.. Their shed has been scrubbed and carpeted, I was there on hand to pick her up when she went to attack one of the other buns.. The only bun she doesn't go for in the shed and enclosure is Fudge :?
Do you think it'll settle down ? Little Cookie is too small to be picked on :(Furby is much bigger.

Sooz
11-01-2008, 06:15 PM
Were Furby and Cookie choosing to sit near each other or groom whilst in the conservatory?

Becki xX
11-01-2008, 06:15 PM
I'd leave them Karen, Just put loads of obsticles in the shed so that they can get away & if she chases she'll have to get through tunnels, in between boxes etc. Couple of pet carriers in there usually work well too. Try not to worry Im sure it will turn out alright X

karen354
11-01-2008, 06:20 PM
Were Furby and Cookie choosing to sit near each other or groom whilst in the conservatory?

Yes they seemed fine in the conservatory..

karen354
11-01-2008, 06:36 PM
I'd leave them Karen, Just put loads of obsticles in the shed so that they can get away & if she chases she'll have to get through tunnels, in between boxes etc. Couple of pet carriers in there usually work well too. Try not to worry Im sure it will turn out alright X

I know I had to do that when we bonded Thomas with Fudge and Furby..
I'm so nervous to leave them alone :(

louandjoe
11-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Nipping and chasing is ok, as long as they aren't locking on or injuring each other - they'll still be getting used to each other.

Keep at it hun, the buns will be fine. Cookie is little but he's also probably a lot quicker and more nimble than your other buns! :wave:

karen354
11-01-2008, 06:40 PM
Nipping and chasing is ok, as long as they aren't locking on or injuring each other

Have you started your bond yet ?

louandjoe
11-01-2008, 06:43 PM
Have you started your bond yet ?

Sorry hadn't finished typing that message and pressed send by accident!

Starting tonight, just getting the bonding area ready (our bedroom :shock: as they've been pretty much everywhere else in our house). I'm not looking forward to it but can't wait for Bella to meet my other buns and have some rabbit company as she seems a bit lonely.

karen354
11-01-2008, 06:46 PM
Sorry hadn't finished typing that message and pressed send by accident!

Starting tonight, just getting the bonding area ready (our bedroom :shock: as they've been pretty much everywhere else in our house). I'm not looking forward to it but can't wait for Bella to meet my other buns and have some rabbit company as she seems a bit lonely.

Let us know how it's going and can we have some pictures please ?:D
Good luck hope it goes well..
karen x

louandjoe
11-01-2008, 06:52 PM
Yep, will have the camera at the ready! x

karen354
11-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Everything is calm now :D I left them to it :( I felt awful but with me standing there watching it seemed to make Furby worse.. I did watch but not in their shed/enclosure.
They have all just had their tea and Furby was fine with him.. Fingers crossed it stays calm..

Lea-Anne
11-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Are they locking on to each other or just chasing Karen? When she chases them , does she just send them off or continue to follow them?

I think Furby may just be sorting out who's boss...

Its difficult to comment without seeing their behaviour for real in the flesh.

My group were ok with each other after one day but up until about 2 weeks after that there was still the odd chase or fur pulling but nothing more sinister. ;) I woundn't say they were truely bonded though until those 2 weeks had passed.

karen354
11-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Are they locking on to each other or just chasing Karen? When she chases them , does she just send them off or continue to follow them?

I think Furby may just be sorting out who's boss...

Its difficult to comment without seeing their behaviour for real in the flesh.

My group were ok with each other after one day but up until about 2 weeks after that there was still the odd chase or fur pulling but nothing more sinister. ;) I woundn't say they were truely bonded though until those 2 weeks had passed.

No they aren't locking on because little Cookie is afraid of her and running away :cry::(.. I really don't think Furby wants to hurt him, she loved him as soon as she met him on Monday like you said she just wants to be big boss.

chloaster
11-01-2008, 10:32 PM
I think you're doing the right thing Karen. Cookie's just wised up young and realised that giving a stroppy woman a wide berth is a good plan!! :D I think they'll be fine, like the others have said it's just new ground and she's wanting to make sure everyone knows she's the boss. I'm sure she'll settle down soon - fingers crossed for you.x

karen354
11-01-2008, 10:40 PM
I think you're doing the right thing Karen. Cookie's just wised up young and realised that giving a stroppy woman a wide berth is a good plan!! :D I think they'll be fine, like the others have said it's just new ground and she's wanting to make sure everyone knows she's the boss. I'm sure she'll settle down soon - fingers crossed for you.x

Hi Chloe :wave: I just want to pick my little man up and bring him in the house with me.. I know I can't though :( Fudge and Thomas love him and Furby did until he went into 'her home'. .
I'm so happy with him he's so friendly, I just love him :love::love:

chloaster
11-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Aaawwww - so glad you two are fully bonded already!! He is a gorgeous little man - give him a nose rub for me and tell Furby I said she should be nice to him :D

karen354
11-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Aaawwww - so glad you two are fully bonded already!! He is a gorgeous little man - give him a nose rub for me and tell Furby I said she should be nice to him :D

She better had or she'll be spending the night on her own :lol::lol:she's a bossy little madam!

mullethead
11-01-2008, 11:20 PM
Topaz always shows sophie who is boss by nipping her butt n chasing her off and wow does sophie know it:lol:

karen354
12-01-2008, 01:09 PM
There was some of Cookie's fluff in the shed today :(he seems a little quiet and very nevery of Furby now..

We've got them in the run now but Furby is chasing and fur pulling whenever she goes near him.. Anyone any idea's at what to do next ?

Sooz
12-01-2008, 01:12 PM
You just need to lave them to it and make sure Cookie has ample places to get away from Furby if she gets too much for him.

You will only get a real problem if he tries to have a pop back at her...

karen354
12-01-2008, 01:24 PM
You just need to lave them to it and make sure Cookie has ample places to get away from Furby if she gets too much for him.

You will only get a real problem if he tries to have a pop back at her...

Okay will do then... I've just set up a pen in the kitchen for them but I'll leave them where they are...

Sooz
12-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Okay will do then... I've just set up a pen in the kitchen for them but I'll leave them where they are...

Thing is when you move them back outside they will probably just start over again.

karen354
12-01-2008, 01:48 PM
Thing is when you move them back outside they will probably just start over again.

Yes that's true... I'll keep with it it'll settle down..

karen354
12-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Cookie has a little scratch to his ear :( everytime Furby goes near him she's still really nasty towards him..Can't believe this :( she was so nice to him when she was in the conservatory...

I have a shed 6x4 with the guinea pigs in, should I move the piggies out and put the buns in there ? She isn't gettin any better with him and they have been in there since last night ...
Only problem is when I do put them back into their own shed she'll become nasty again :?

Sooz
12-01-2008, 04:57 PM
How lonmg can you feasibly keep them in the conservatory for? Im thinking you may need to be looking in terms of week rather than months...

karen354
12-01-2008, 05:02 PM
How lonmg can you feasibly keep them in the conservatory for? Im thinking you may need to be looking in terms of week rather than months...

Well my housebun Bertie started attacking his ladybun as he could smell the buns in the conservtory . So really I don't want them coming back into the house as it really seemed to be breaking Fizz and bert's bond ..
What to you think Sooz am I being cruel leaving little Cookie with a big aggressive girl ? She was like this with Thomas and it did settle down but Cookie is so small...
:(:( Do you think it'd be worth putting them in the other shed for a few days ?its only 6x4 though so not big enough for 4 ..

Sooz
12-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Well my housebun Bertie started attacking his ladybun as he could smell the buns in the conservtory . So really I don't want them coming back into the house as it really seemed to be breaking Fizz and bert's bond ..
What to you think Sooz am I being cruel leaving little Cookie with a big aggressive girl ? She was like this with Thomas and it did settle down but Cookie is so small...
:(:( Do you think it'd be worth putting them in the other shed for a few days ?its only 6x4 though so not big enough for 4 ..

It would be the same as putting them in the house also the piggies may do a better job of changing Furby's perception of 'her shed' than sterilising it does?

I do think they need more time in a neutral environment.

louandjoe
12-01-2008, 05:22 PM
I don't think you're being cruel Karen - it's a natural progression that the chasing etc with continue whilst they all figure out who's boss. As long as Cookie isn't completely terrified or seriously wounded, I would leave them together, but try putting them back in neutral territory.

If you can't move them from the shed, could you take out all of their old toys and move it all round, so Furby doesn't recognise it as 'her' shed? Give it a good vinegering and a good move round may do the trick?

karen354
12-01-2008, 05:27 PM
I don't think you're being cruel Karen - it's a natural progression that the chasing etc with continue whilst they all figure out who's boss. As long as Cookie isn't completely terrified or seriously wounded, I would leave them together, but try putting them back in neutral territory.

If you can't move them from the shed, could you take out all of their old toys and move it all round, so Furby doesn't recognise it as 'her' shed? Give it a good vinegering and a good move round may do the trick?

We've removed all toys and carperted their shelving and floor, scrubed the shed out and sprayed white vinegar everywhere..
I'm going to put them in the other shed and move the piggies out, do you think 6x4 is too small though ?

louandjoe
12-01-2008, 05:32 PM
We've removed all toys and carperted their shelving and floor, scrubed the shed out and sprayed white vinegar everywhere..
I'm going to put them in the other shed and move the piggies out, do you think 6x4 is too small though ?

No, it's quite good not to have a massive area I've found as the buns will be forced to interact more.

Becki xX
12-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Karen Ive always found the smaller the better with a new bond! :D Jen & Rhia lived in a 5x2 hutch for a week or so when they were newly bonded and it worked great ;) X

karen354
12-01-2008, 05:38 PM
Was going to bring them into the kitchen but thats the only radiator in the house we can't turn off.. And I don't want Bertie hurting Fizz because he can smell other buns.
Just thinking the bathroom I could use but it's tiny :? would that be suitable ?

Sooz
12-01-2008, 05:40 PM
Was going to bring them into the kitchen but thats the only radiator in the house we can't turn off.. And I don't want Bertie hurting Fizz because he can smell other buns.
Just thinking the bathroom I could use but it's tiny :? would that be suitable ?

How long can you feasibly cope with having rabbits in your bathroom?

karen354
12-01-2008, 05:41 PM
Giving myself a headache now :lol::lol:I'm going on so much I'm beginning to sound like a nag..
Okay bathroom just for tonight and then shed from tomorrow.. Its dark outside now and I don't an outdoor light, do you think this would be okay ?

karen354
12-01-2008, 06:24 PM
How long can you feasibly cope with having rabbits in your bathroom?

Not that long it's too small... I've moved them into the bathroom for tonight and then the piggie shed tomorrow.. Do you think I should leave them for a couple of weeks in the piggie shed ?

karen354
12-01-2008, 09:05 PM
They are in the bathroom now and all is calm. . Ill leave them in there r move them into the piggie shed :?

chloaster
12-01-2008, 09:25 PM
:wave: Heya Karen, if all is calm for now I'd leave them where they are. It can take a while for new buns to settle in so don't panic, you've only been at it a week. When I adopted Tammy off Sooz we agreed she'd stay only if she got on with my group and they gave her a really hard time to the point I was about to ring Sooz and tell her I couldn't keep her and then just suddenly, it was literally over night, she just fitted in, I'm sure Cookie will settle in soon.

karen354
12-01-2008, 09:36 PM
:wave: Heya Karen, if all is calm for now I'd leave them where they are. It can take a while for new buns to settle in so don't panic, you've only been at it a week. When I adopted Tammy off Sooz we agreed she'd stay only if she got on with my group and they gave her a really hard time to the point I was about to ring Sooz and tell her I couldn't keep her and then just suddenly, it was literally over night, she just fitted in, I'm sure Cookie will settle in soon.

Hi Chloe :wave: Its strange isn't? Furby is now cuddling up to Cookie :? Our bathroom is very small so hopefully they'll really bond well in there over the next week or so.
The housebuns will be kept downstairs so hopefully they won't smell the buns upstairs..

donnamt
12-01-2008, 10:08 PM
rabbits are very strange :? hope it works out this time

tigerbabe
12-01-2008, 10:15 PM
rabbits are very strange :?

They should come with a health warning :lol:

Julia123
12-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Sounds like you deserve a glass of wine !!! Its so bloomin hard isn't it?! Seems like you are doing great though ! Good Luck x

louandjoe
12-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Hi Chloe :wave: Its strange isn't? Furby is now cuddling up to Cookie :? Our bathroom is very small so hopefully they'll really bond well in there over the next week or so.
The housebuns will be kept downstairs so hopefully they won't smell the buns upstairs..

Awww good luck Karen! Fingers crossed they'll cuddle all night and fall totally in love by the morning! x

donnamt
12-01-2008, 10:33 PM
They should come with a health warning :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: totally agree, im like a new mum at the minute watchin to see if my two suddenly kick off and i didnt even do the stress of the bonding :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sooz
13-01-2008, 02:01 AM
Just stick with it Karen, your doing just fine :D