• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vet fees

Estelle

Wise Old Thumper
Does your vet usually charge for post op examinations?

When i had my 4 neutered and spayed i was told to bring them back a week later to be checked and wasn't charged for this check up. Hobbes had an abscess drained and lanced under anesthetic last week and i was told to bring him back a week later for a check up which i did yesterday. It cost me £110 and today i got another bill for the post op check for £15 :? Does this sound right? I wasn't expecting to have to pay again after the last bill.

I would have thought that the post op check would be included in the op fees, it def was when Piper had her spay

I always assumed that post treatment check ups are free or at least to an extent.

I think at my vets the first examination is £24 the second is £18 and if you have to go back for a third it's £15.... so for one problem (without treatment costs!) we could be talking £57, just to go there! :?

Hmmm it used to be free at my vets but I'm pretty sure I had to pay last time... maybe the rules have changed.:?

i think i'll ring them and ask. He's worth every penny but I don't think its very fair as i was only in there for 5 minutes! :censored::censored: :lol:

my vet is in bewdley (just for info as i know prices vary with locations) i dont get charged for check ups i got giz neutered it was £57 this included 2 check ups and nail clipping and teeth burring :wave:

Post op check at my vet are included in the operation price. Im lad you are ringing the vets Estelle.

No my post op care is always free of charge unless obviously they had to be taken back in for further treatment, thats really unfair :?

They've sent me another bill today for a consultation with the nurse, are they having a laugh?! :roll::lol:

In my experience I've only paid for the first consultation!

e.g. when I took Barley for his Myxi jab last autumn I pointed out his weepy eye. I got charged for the drops but nothing else as the consultation fee was in with the jab fee. When I took him back for (as it wasn't better), I just paid the £6 ish for the tear duct to be flushed - no way did that inlcude a consultation fee (for the record he's had not problems with his eye since)! Same when Dolly had bloat in the summer, paid for the first consultation and meds, but the second visit was free and not further meds of visit required (sadly her next case of bloat wasn't such a happy ending)! Not sure what happens if it goes on for longer though as I've not experienced this!

Hannah

Back