• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harry's GI Symptoms Have Returned :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I spoke too soon. After a few days of near normal poo, having had Panacur, Harry is now passing lots of squishy poo with mucus again :cry: He is fine in himself and as yet is not drinking excessively. He is eating hay, but not really enough. He will have his teeth checked when he is neutered on Wednesday. If its not his teeth causing his gut problems then we may be looking at an inflammatory bowel disease :cry:

Poor Harry :cry:

Janex

Poor Harry. I hope he is OK.

When I had problems with Homer earlier in the year with a yucky bum (for about 3-4 months I had to clean him twice a day) we had him checked out and his poop tested and they could find nothing wrong, said it was his gut not getting back to normal after having high dose of abx over Xmas. I moved him over to Oxbow Bunny Basics T and we have never looked back since. Might be worth a try if it isn't Harry's teeth.

He is on Oxbow food already. That helped to get better poos, but they were still soft. But he is not too keen on hay a lot of the time.

Homer is the same with Hay which is why I think the Oxbow did help him get back on track.

I hope it is nothing too serious for Harry, he is a real character.

Sorry Jane :(

I dont know what would be worst to be honest, I suppose the teeth would probably be easier to treat.

Is it worth putting him onto Zantac? When Caspian was orignally prescribed Tagamet it was because Anita thought he may have some kind of IBS.

Sorry Jane :(

I dont know what would be worst to be honest, I suppose the teeth would probably be easier to treat.

Is it worth putting him onto Zantac? When Caspian was orignally prescribed Tagamet it was because Anita thought he may have some kind of IBS.

Dont think an H2-receptor antagonist would help him really :? He shows no signs of tenderness anywhere in his stomach/small intestines. I think the problem is in his caecum :?

Janex

Back