• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

National Rabbit Week - search now working : )

Thea & Bobbin

Warren Veteran
I have just logged onto the National Rabbit Week site and it appears that the search for participating vets is now working :D

http://www.nationalrabbitweek.co.uk/rescue/index.php?page=map&type=vet

The closest event to me is Jane Dexter's talk on rabbit behavior in Rugby, hope I'm free that day!

I did a first search within a 50 mile radius and there was nothing near by, however I then did a 10 mile search and Jane's event showed up. Best do all three searches to see what's near you then! :roll: :lol:

Ditto :roll:

I don't understand why more vets don't get involved. It helps raise awareness of bunny issues and vets will get more business. Mine for one have said that they find it hard to get rabbit owners to vaccinate, so a bit of an awareness day would do wonders

I don't understand why more vets don't get involved. It helps raise awareness of bunny issues and vets will get more business. Mine for one have said that they find it hard to get rabbit owners to vaccinate, so a bit of an awareness day would do wonders

Mine have joined the vaccination amnesty instead...

There seems to be virtually nothing on the rabbit week site - I guess it's down to how well the organisers (Burgess???) promote it. I know my vet is involved but it's not listed. Not great for organising publicity :roll:

mine was involved last yr even showed up on the site this year nothing guess i will have to just phone them then never mind its a shame why one of the big pet chains such as pets@home cant get involved to help pet owners out a bit doing deals on BIG hutches or bedding, feeds, toys ect.....
even doing a best bunny pic competion where you can win alittle hamper of goodys:D and give the entrie money to a local rescue or rabbit welfare assosiation, but alas theres no money making in that!!!:?

well i have a free dental check come up in Braintree if anyones near me?
I have used that vet once before as they have a free nurse clinic and i took the babies there 2 be sexed, there very nice and friendly. im pretty my ones teeth r fine but may go just incase!

I've booked my 6 buns in at my vets Ark in Nottingham. They are not on the website but I spotted a poster in the waiting room. So I think it's worth ringing your vet to ask them about it and if they are not doing you could ask them why and explaint he importance.

Well one vet a 5 minute drive for me is doing free dental checks. However the address they've given is for a different vets to the name of the practice they've given?? I think I'll have to visit both and see which one is actually doing the checks.
Might sign my new bunny up with them as even though our previous vet was brilliant, my other half doesn't want to go back.

My vets is doing free dental checks with the nurse and talks on vaccines etc.

I agree, I think P@H should get involved in rabbit week. Mind you they might use it as an opportunity to sell more rabbits.

My vets is doing free dental checks with the nurse and talks on vaccines etc.

I agree, I think P@H should get involved in rabbit week. Mind you they might use it as an opportunity to sell more rabbits.

True!:?
maybe they should give coupons with and bun they sell during this week for the jabs or vet check or something along the lines aswell as a discount off the big hutches they do!

Ohh one of the vets taking part is one I've wanted to try, supposed to be a very 'bunny' vets...Think me & Rhia will be off for a nosey :lol:

Oh my vet is taking part too!! They have sent off the forms etc and are waiting to receive their packs.... so it's definitely worth calling your own vet to check as it appears some will still be waiting for confirmation or they simply have not been listed on the site yet.

They are getting back to me on Monday with actual details and hopefully I will be able to integrate the free MOT with Bobbin's pre-neutering health check :D

Back