• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Panacur Paste explosion in the kitchen!

CRBevis

Mama Doe
:shock: Anyone else experienced this with the syringe?

Ok last night we got some Panucur from the vet for Bunnie. She never had it before and the other day I posted a thread about it and the fact that bunnie protests at being picked up and I asked you all what the stuff tastes like to see if maybe she would just take it from syringe!

Well O/H got some spring green to put it in just incase she didn't like it! All I heard was "oh :censored: , oh my god", I went into the kitchen with Bunnie followhopping behind me (nose bag) only to see Wayne and the Kitchen covered in Panacur:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What a site! Basically when pushing syringe the graduation ring pinged off and the paste squirted out at 100mph!:shock: He's covered in it all over his face and clothes! Bunnie just honked and hopped off back into living room!:roll:

Gonna take it to vets tomorrow to see if they will give us a new one free off charge, and then I will do it! There was a tiny pin ***** of it left on the end so I put syringe up to Bunnie! We will have no problems with her taking this!:D He's cleaning kitchen now!:lol:

Oh dear, I can imagine your kitchen! :lol: I got some Panacur from the vet today and have to give it to 6 bunnies. I did not have problems with the syringe, but my trick with putting it between slices of apple did not quite work. Penny did not fall for the trick, and Snoopy chased Luna away. The paste is much more liquid and slippery than I had expected. I may have to put the syringe directly into their mouths, but thought I could find a more pleasant way.
Good luck with the cleaning. :D

Kitchens cleaned now! We just noticed on posted thread it explited a word, Oh i see, I said the usual saying "tiny pin pr**k". Wondered what I had typed there thought "I didn't put anything rude there!:roll:

Oh dear, I can imagine your kitchen! :lol: I got some Panacur from the vet today and have to give it to 6 bunnies. I did not have problems with the syringe, but my trick with putting it between slices of apple did not quite work. Penny did not fall for the trick, and Snoopy chased Luna away. The paste is much more liquid and slippery than I had expected. I may have to put the syringe directly into their mouths, but thought I could find a more pleasant way.
Good luck with the cleaning. :D

I don't know how it happened because the dial is hard to open and if it was open before went to squeeze you would see because it would fall off! Nothings broken on it just popped undone! He finished cleaning now!:lol: Still at least we know she loves the stuff!

I was giving a rabbit some panacur one night out of the tube when the poor rabbit got just short of 8 days worth, so I rang the vet (9.30pm) who then had to ring the poisons unit who said that the rabbit would be fine as they are tested at a very high dosage which is more than eight days worth.

ooh yes you really need that dial otherwise you end up like something out of bugsey Malone (covered in spluge guns)

hi there
not sure if it is the same but might be worth keeping dogs away from Panacur - I have horses and the wormer for them can be fatal if dogs get even a little bit of it, I'm sure you do this anyway but thought it'd be worth making people aware that it can be very toxic to other species especially dogs

hi there
not sure if it is the same but might be worth keeping dogs away from Panacur - I have horses and the wormer for them can be fatal if dogs get even a little bit of it, I'm sure you do this anyway but thought it'd be worth making people aware that it can be very toxic to other species especially dogs

My mate got a puppy Beagle few weeks ago and she'd been wormed using Panacur, it's the one for dogs though. Different strengths for each animal!

Back