• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yes - It's Vegan!

elve

Banned
And Yes - it tastes amazing with chocolate custard!
And Yes - it will taste amazing with vegan whippy cream and black cherries!
And No - I can't remember how I made the bloomin thing!
And No - I never said I was going on a diet :lol:

cake-1.jpg

:D wow - vegans can eat cake :D The recipie sadly was based on 'feeling miserable so I'm going to cheer myself up and make a cake' :roll: I think it contained 300g silken tofu whisked with about half a pint of water and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, and 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar - which I stirred into I THINK (never use scales)....50g/2oz sifted cocoa powder, 125-150g/5 or 6oz self raising flour, teaspoon of bicarb, 5 or 6oz light brown soft sugar, pinch salt, about 6oz raisins .....about :? cooked at 180 degrees for about an hour in a deep, 8", lined tin....I think :?

Well it cheered me up anyway :p Son is pretty happy too :shock:

PS - bonus feature - only 2 tablespoons of oil in it - VIRTUALLY FAT FREE :p

Last edited:
and let me guess - you still don't have an oven! :roll: I only have a little £60 table top one though ;)

No oven, but I do have a microwave now..........for the snugglesafes :rolleyes:

Believe it or not I used to do loads of Baking. I even made bread when we lived in Shetland :shock:

Janex

It's very relaxing Jane - I love kneading bread dough :p It's all the washing up afterwards I hate :roll:

:lol: well I did sweat a bit making it :roll:

I hated tofu till I bought a vegan cookbook - it's a great egg replacer in cakes, as you can see ;)

:lol: well I did sweat a bit making it :roll:

I hated tofu till I bought a vegan cookbook - it's a great egg replacer in cakes, as you can see ;)

Yes, I guess once it is cooked into something, it isn't quite as nasty. I tried tofu only twice, and to me it was even worse than cheese.

Can you use it to replace eggs in pancakes?

Back