• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

freedom too soon?

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
so while i was at work the impatient one decided to let Alvin and pearl out of their cage.... shes had a good look around but after about half hour Alvin went to his usual haunt under the sofa and she went back to the safety of the cage.... weve put them back in together now...

was it too soon??? or is that normal????

i dont think so, when i let either of my pairs run around is a little garden they dont play together, they both go off exploring, then settle down together later. shes just not as brave as him right now :)

When Flopsy and Rory are out and about more often than not she will go and sit under the desk in the hallway and he will hang out in my room but they are fine when they are put back together

I think it is normal.When Angel was bonded with Little Joe the next day she was in the shed and Little joe was in the run.
Didn,t cause any problems and they are still best friends:D

I don't believe rabbits can forget their bond. Then again, I don't necessarily believe that rabbits forget one another with the method of bonding where they're only in each others company for gradually increasing amounts of time each day. Barney often takes off and leaves Amber. :lol: When I have them inside, he runs off upstairs and leaves me and Amber flopped in the hallway - it's as if he wants space from female company. I always feel vaguely insulted, but it gives Amber and I time to bond - usually, Barney buts in.

excellent, im jus so para they will start fighting and shell have to go back :(

ill let them have another run about latas then :D:D

My frenchie comes out in the garden for a few hours and leaves her husbun in the run - he's too small to have the freedom of the garden.
He waits for her to come back in though, and they disappear into the shed for a grooming session:D
Funny thing is when she comes out, I open the gate on the run and she always appears to give him a kiss before she leaves him.

Pearl will soon find her feet. Remember she's had lots of changes in the last week, so may still be a little daunted.
I'd carry on as you are, and take things slowly for a few days.:D Glad they're still doing well:thumb:

awwwww that must be lovely to see :D:D

shes actually quite brave considering the huge changes shes been thro, im really proud of her.... already been to the patches of missing wallpaper.. ooops i seem to have got two wallpaper strippers....lololololololol

shes also more active than alivn which will be lovely to see, slightly too large to hide under the sofa too :lol::lol::lol:

and we have witnessed a few binkys in her room so it is going well :) :) :)

:D:D Sounds really positive!Audrey and Monty aren't always together when left free-range......I say they are like an old married couple...She flops at the top of the stairs and he flops just outside the dog crate downstairs:lol::lol:
The next day they will be all soppy and snuggled up together, I think your two are doing really well.

as to the wallpaper stripping duo.....you have my sympathy.......I think you have seen the evidence from our house:oops::oops::oops: My o/h just uses the missing wallpaper as an excuse NOT to do the DIY....."we'll wait until they have grown out of it":lol::lol::lol:

Glad to see Alvin has lovely new wifie bun....look forward to seeing lots more piccies of them together:D

Andrea
x

:D:D Sounds really positive!Audrey and Monty aren't always together when left free-range......I say they are like an old married couple...She flops at the top of the stairs and he flops just outside the dog crate downstairs:lol::lol:
The next day they will be all soppy and snuggled up together, I think your two are doing really well.

as to the wallpaper stripping duo.....you have my sympathy.......I think you have seen the evidence from our house:oops::oops::oops: My o/h just uses the missing wallpaper as an excuse NOT to do the DIY....."we'll wait until they have grown out of it":lol::lol::lol:

Glad to see Alvin has lovely new wifie bun....look forward to seeing lots more piccies of them together:D

Andrea
x

hehehe i seen your update the other day.... demons :)

i look forward to takin loads of pics

Back