• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Strange noises, is this season?

brightspark19

Warren Scout
I adopted a bun from pets at home in october and the details of her were very sketchy. All they said is that she was attacked by her sister so thats why she was put up for adoption. They said she was up to date with her injections (although she has now had them again just in case) and that as far as they knew she had been speyed.

I took her to the vets to see if she was however they said the only way that they could tell was if they opened her up. As i had only had her a few months, i decided to leave it.

However, when she first came to me, she constantly grunted if i came near her and lunged at me. Since bonding her with the VERY laid bcak Oscar, she has more confidence in people. But last week she started making squeaky and grunting noises if i came near her almost as if she was talking to herself. When i picked her her, she calmed down and on feeling her abdomen/ checking ears and teeth and bum found nothing worrying although her *down below* was slightly pinker than usual.

Do you think this could be something to do with her being in season? Im not sure how it works as i have never had a female rabbit that may not be speyed before.

Any answers grateful. P.S she has stopped making these noises now.

bunnies dotn come into season, thats why people say;'breed like rabbits' cus they r fertile all the time.

r they outdoors? one of ym girlies was doing it the other week when it was bad weather, even tho i give them lots of hay and straw i think she was cold. i got them a little catbed with a lid type thing, to hide it and shes in that every morning!

Back