• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Megazorb

bunny babe

Wise Old Thumper
You may remember that over Christmas one of my buns (Katy) had GI Statis. We have been trying to rack our brains as to what may have caused the blockage as we have never had any problems with her before.

One thing that we changed at the beginning of December was to put megazorb in their litter tray. Could she have eaten some of this and this could be what caused the blockage. We did not actually see her eating any but don't want to put it in again just in case it could have been a possible cause.

I have seen Bobbin eat some tiny pieces of megazorb before, so her eating it is not out of the question.

I should imagine it's ok in such small quantities but I would not be so sure if they were to eat a substantial amount of it :?

I suppose the best remedy is to always make sure there is hay within easy reach (which I'm certain you have). If I ever see Bobbin going towards it as if to eat it I quickly shove a piece of hay in his path and he gets the message! :rolleyes: :lol:

AHhhh right and can u get this at any local shops?? I live north west and am concerned about using sawdust coz of the dust aspect

AHhhh right and can u get this at any local shops?? I live north west and am concerned about using sawdust coz of the dust aspect

You can buy it online, and I believe their is a list of stockists on their website.

http://www.megazorb.co.uk/suppliers.htm

I get mine from The Hay Experts, it's actually very economical and far less dusty that sawdust or woodflakes. Well done on moving away from it! :thumb:

https://www.thehayexperts.com/product_info.php?cPath=11&products_id=174

I live in North West and got it from a horse farm (Lartons).

I guess I may try it again but put hay over it as well just to be on the safe side. It really is good for taking the smell away.

Hmmm... I'm in 2 minds over this, as I saw a vet who once told me that my bunnies shouldn't have megazorb, as it was in their poos. This wasn't a good vet that I respected, but I started putting a layer of straw over the megazorb, then hay on the top.

I now use Easibed, which doesn't expand the same, just as a precaution.

Back