• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny just fell out his hutch! =[

Kenno

Warren Scout
I feel so awful and I'm shaking like a leaf! :cry:

I was taking the trapdoor out of his hutch and putting the ramp in to go down to his run and as I was doing it he got excited and ran towards me and literally jumped down the hole. He was clinging on to the edge and before I had time to catch him he'd fallen into his run!

I screamed so loud, I think I've woken my whole street up! I've checked him and he seems alright hopping fine, running fine, no cuts or bleeding!

I'm a horrible person! :(

Its not your fault... don't worry about it. Sometimes bunnies do silly things..... As long as he is ok, then don't worry and don't beat yourself up x

Mine used to try and do this every moring, sometimes I had the trapdoor and one of them suspended in the air. It was awful. Now I leave them with the hutch (6x2X2) and run(6x6x2) all the time but cover it all securely at night. Can't see in to see what they do all night but think its better for them as they have more space.

So hard at this time of year as I am never home except at weekends, to give them a run in the garden in the daylight. Feel very mean but what can you do!?

I know, I just felt awful! :(
I'm just gonna have to be more careful hopefully, he would of learnt his lesson. Not to come bounding towards me when I'm putting his ramp in!
I'm in the same position as you Jennie, he's allowed access to his run all day but not at night and he only really gets to spend time with me properly at weekend!

I'm sure he's fine. I guess he'll know not to do it again in a hurry. Was probably more suprised than anything. :)

I just took his ramp out and replaced it with the trapdoor but I distracted him with food so he wouldn't come over. :)

We've had baby bunnies at school who run straight at you whenever you open the cage door:shock: And occasionally some have been falling out, but they've been fine. We tend to put piles of straw under all cages with babies, so they won't get hurt IF they fall out (but of course we try to stop them, but it's not easy if it's a big litter)
Aroma too jumps out of the hutch on her own, but it depends on how tall the hutch is of course.

Back