• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How safe are vet beds?

CRBevis

Mama Doe
I know vet beds are safe, but just how safe is one to cover a dog crate floor, if the bun possibly starts eating/pulling/chewing it?

We want to put something on the dog crate floor which is plastic, because we are scared she may slip when she jumps down off the hut we are going to build for her!

I have one in the hutch, it depends on whether your rabbit fancies chewing it or not, mine did do until he got a little older, neutered and we got him a lady friend now he just enoys the comfort of it and chews on cardboard tubes and seagrass baskets. Get a cheap one and try it, if it gets chewed remove it.

my little one has uses vet beds, he has never chewed them, in fact he seems to have quite alot of fun arranging them in order to find the ultimate comfort experience! give them a try and if he has a nibble take it away to be on the safe side

Mine chew the vet bed to shreds. All the edges are jagged. I think they just chew it and spit it out, because there are bunches of chewed pieces all over the hutch every week. This is ok, isn't it?

Sasuke used to have a pillow in his cage, and he never touched it other than a few nibbles on the side.
Then one day I came out of my room only to find the cage all covered in cotton and the pillow chewed to shreds:shock: And he loved to sit on that thing so much...stupid rabbit:lol:

Well two of mine are chewers and have not yet managed to damage the profleece bedding (like vet bed but thicker) I bought for them...it's great stuff!

I know vet beds are safe, but just how safe is one to cover a dog crate floor, if the bun possibly starts eating/pulling/chewing it?

We want to put something on the dog crate floor which is plastic, because we are scared she may slip when she jumps down off the hut we are going to build for her!

I've got a maroon piece of Pro Fleece which is similar to Vet Bed you can have if you want :wave:

PM me and I can post it too you :)

I've got a maroon piece of Pro Fleece which is similar to Vet Bed you can have if you want :wave:

PM me and I can post it too you :)

Another great thing about profleece is the colours if comes in, I have a burgandy bit and a violet bit :D

my vet bed is about 4 weeks old and there really is not much left!:lol::lol:

I have been keeping an eye on it and theres on average 2 inches less per day!:lol::lol::wave:

My house bunny had it to cover the floor of his crate and he never chewed it at all :)

However he did like to wee alllllll over it instead of his litter tray :?:roll: so we don't use it anymore!

My house bunny had it to cover the floor of his crate and he never chewed it at all :)

However he did like to wee alllllll over it instead of his litter tray :?:roll: so we don't use it anymore!

Know of that problem. Aroma loves to wee on soft things:roll: So she can't have any pillows, vetbed or stuffed animals in her cage:roll: Then again, she doesn't use a litter box at all...other for sleeping in it:lol:

Back