• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What size crate?

stewyprinceandluna

Warren Scout
Currently got a 24" for Willow, but its already too small, we dont know what breed she is and dont know what size she will grow up to be....

Here she is, shes 12 weeks old, and weighs 1.5kg at present

DSC04005.jpg

Thanks for your time!

Biggest you can find/fit. A 48" in minimum really.

She looks like a cross as her nose is quite long. She could have a bit of english lop in there. I would say she's going to be quite large so you might find a pen would be better than a crate.

Tam

I dont intend to keep her in the crate full time, for the next week will be most of the day as Stewy's hormones are still 'wearing off'. Would 42" be big enough... ?

1.5kg already, shes gonna be a big gal....biggest crate you can get i guess.. i have a 42" but with a pen attached or itd be way too small, that 0.5 foot makes a huge difference :)

I would say probably not if you're ever going to shut her in. Really 4' (48") is the minimum is you're going to shut a rabbit in at all. It wouldn't surprise me if she didn't atleast double in size.

Its only temporary as we're still bonding her with stewy, once there bonded she'll have full run of the kitchen at night and as long as shes not a chewer she'll be free range all day (even the 4 hrs a day where no one is home )

Back