• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

AAAArrrrghh how does she do it? - lentils

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
No matter how careful I am Sorrel always manages to find something to eat that she shouldnt have - she's just eaten about a tsp or so of dried lentils out of a beanie toy. Im worried about them swelling up inside her, is there anything i should do?

eaten lentils-what to do

I assume as this thread was a few days ago that the lentil problem has passed throgh and bun is ok now? I suppose I would've asked vet for advice. Anyone any thoughts on what you SHOULD do if bun eats something it shouldn't? -Sue

she was fine :shock: i dint phone the vet on this occasion as it was late at night and shed only had a tiny bit. have hidden all lentil sources now though :roll:

What are they like? :lol: :lol:

Bella has got very good at getting to things that I think are safely out of her way. I bought some pineapple from Bunny Basics before Christmas which was supposed to be an occasional treat for her and Tarquin. In the bunny room I have a desk with a guinea pig cage on top and the bunnies' treats on top of the cage. I found the empty bag :shock: - she'd managed to get onto the desk and reach up to get the bag of pineapple and had got the pineapple out of the bag and left the bag behind :shock: - I was worried about the amount she'd had, but was glad she hadn't eaten the bag too. :roll: I now can't leave anything in bags - if they're not in containers or tubs she'll find them and eat them. :lol: :lol:

:)

What are they like? :lol: :lol:

Bella has got very good at getting to things that I think are safely out of her way. I bought some pineapple from Bunny Basics before Christmas which was supposed to be an occasional treat for her and Tarquin. In the bunny room I have a desk with a guinea pig cage on top and the bunnies' treats on top of the cage. I found the empty bag :shock: - she'd managed to get onto the desk and reach up to get the bag of pineapple and had got the pineapple out of the bag and left the bag behind :shock: - I was worried about the amount she'd had, but was glad she hadn't eaten the bag too. :roll: I now can't leave anything in bags - if they're not in containers or tubs she'll find them and eat them. :lol: :lol:

:)

Even if mine are in containers or tubs, they will knock them over and chew the lid off to get to what's inside. I have to keep everything high up or risk them getting it - that said, they managed to knock the tub of rat food off of the top of the wardrobe and eat a load of it :? I swear they've been liasing with the rats as my rabbits are scavengers now! I have actually changed to SS rat food now as it's vegetarian, cos I'm worried about the buns getting at it :oops: :?

Even if mine are in containers or tubs, they will knock them over and chew the lid off to get to what's inside. I have to keep everything high up or risk them getting it - that said, they managed to knock the tub of rat food off of the top of the wardrobe and eat a load of it :? I swear they've been liasing with the rats as my rabbits are scavengers now! I have actually changed to SS rat food now as it's vegetarian, cos I'm worried about the buns getting at it :oops: :?

I'm sure that if Bella knocked one of the tubs over and worked out how to get into it she would - she'd have a field day as on the top of the guineas' cage are their containers of SS pellets, dandelions, plaintain, sunflower petals and nettle pellets. I thought they were high enough but obviously not :roll: She's a very long rabbit so I think she must be able to stretch a very long way to get to things :lol: :lol: :lol: I've had to start keeping the bin of guinea pig food downstairs where she can't get at it because I know she'd work out how to lift the lid to get at it. She's already worked out that tucked into the corner next to her cage is the sack of SS pellets (she can't get to it on the floor as the wardrobe is next to it so there's a nice gap that was perfect for storing hay and pellets) - I have found holes in the bag where she has tried to get at the pellets. She balances precariously on top of her cage :shock: (when the top is lifted up it's quite bendy on top as it doesn't have the usual support). I don't think she got as far as eating any but I'm now going to have to find an alternative place to keep them or when she's out of her cage she will just go and help herself to pellets whenever she feels like it.

Strangely I don't have the same problems with Tarquin - is it a girl thing? :lol: Though he is a teeny tiny rabbit so wouldn't be able to get to the places she gets to.

Last edited:
Back