• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch for 3!!!

Graeme27Uk

Warren Scout
Would a 6ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch be big enough for "over night sleeping" and "at-work" living for 3 mini rabbits?

They would spend most of their time out in the bunny room.

What about a small shed and convert it? I saw one in B&Q recently discounted that would make a bunny palace? room for a shelf, boxes etc etc. It was small wendy house sized. :D

hutch for 3

i have 2 bonded groups of 4 permanent bunnies that live in hutches 6ft by 2ft by 2 ft and both groups are living quite happily in them so im sure 3 in a hutch that size would be fine.:):)

Well it is an idea... but the gf doesnt want them indoors 24/7.

You can't keep swapping though, you have to be careful with temperature changes, when mine come in the heating is off and the door open, its okay in the summer but when its cold outside the change in temperature can make them poorly.

I've got a group of 4 average size bunnies in a 5x8 shed - it was too cramped when there were 5 in the group - when there's more than just a loved up pair they do tend to chase about more, and accidents happen if there's no room (which is why bunny number 5 got hurt). I've got a single bunny in a 2x5 double (hutch over run type) and that's about right for a pair I'd say - 3 would be best in a 2x6 double (or hutch over run) in my opinion - or a 4x6 shed.

I have a tiny dutch, a mini-lop and a medium sized lop in a 6X2X2 hutch but they do have access to a 6X3 run in the day.

Depends how long you are at work for, how much the rabbits have to do, how active they are and just how mini they are I guess.. Molly and Faline are shut in a dog crate over night, but don't seem all that active. However our outside buns who are in a group are very active at night. As Elve said, groups seem to move about a lot more.

Back