• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The tidy bunny game...

casu consulto

Mama Doe
... anyone else have behaviour like this from their bunnies?

A few days ago now, we put a shoe box in the rabbit run along with the usual few toilet rolls, and a rattling cat toy. By evening, all but one of the four rolls and the toy were in the box. The next day, we put six rolls in and the cat toy. Half way through the day, all toys again were in the box, but by evening they had took half out. We were wondering if one rabbit does this, and saying we'd love to set a camera up to watch them 'tidying' their toys away... Earlier today I had a mild panic falsely believing that Amber had a runny nose. I was completely wrong and worrying for no reason, but it resulted in my hanging over the side of their run for about fifteen minutes trying to get a proper look at her nose. Whilst doing this, I got to witness their 'tidy up' in action. Amber would flip rolls to Barney, who would binky, then pick them up and toss them into the box, before they'd then binky at each other like 'aren't we clever?'

I went out there a few minutes ago and found the rolls neatly lined up. There are six, so they fit in the box quite snugly, but they're neater even than when my mum collects them at night to put the toys away for the evening... I don't know how they've laid them out so neatly, but I now know it's a team effort to get them in there in the first place. :shock: I've always known Barney was quite particular and surprisingly neat, but when out their hutches they've both always been more likely to trash the run rather than keep it neat... I'm wondering if they learnt this from watching us put their toys away?

Anyone else have surprisingly neat/tidy bunny-rabbits? ^^

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: any chance they could call by my house?

I'll hire them out. :lol:

I just remembered that when Barney was a single bunny, and he'd play in the hall, we'd give him an egg box... He'd nibble bunny bite size bits off, then tuck them neatly in the little grooves where the eggs would normally be. And I KNOW he's the bossy one, and that Amber is easily lead by him... I bet he's responsible.

:shock: i need your buns! :lol::lol: my 2 are the absolute opposite! anythin in a box MUSTY be removed!! especially if it is hay/straw that with spread out nicely :lol: i think my 2 could win a prize for being messy you should see them room at the moment! it looks like a hay bomb has exploded :lol::roll:

Ohhh my bunnies need to learn that game, they work on the principal anything in a basket must be tipped out. :)

Mine sit in a box. Any box. Even when its too small.

If they can fit in then whats in must come out.

Back