• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Nia

capel

Warren Veteran
I've been given the go-ahead from Kevin for Nia's spay, so why am I suddenly on the verge of back-peddling:? It's SO easy to give out all the pro-spaying arguments to others isn't it??:roll:

I'm totally pro-spaying normally:lol: The only anti as far as I'm concerned is "cold feet" (mine!!)

Hi Hilda :wave:I can understand u feeling the way you do, she's such a little girl but I'm sure she'll be just fine :D

Just think you'll able to start looking for a husbun for her ;)

Yes, I remember that. I know that he'll do nothing unless he considers her to be in tip-top condition, but still...... On the other hand, I so want her to have a bunny friend... She craves attention, but what she really needs is some proper bunny love.

Yes, I remember that. I know that he'll do nothing unless he considers her to be in tip-top condition, but still...... On the other hand, I so want her to have a bunny friend... She craves attention, but what she really needs is some proper bunny love.

Well unless you want baby bunnies then there isn't really much choice if she is to have her hunk of bunny lovin'.

I'm sure the vet will treat her fine and that everything will go fab.

Though I can empathise with your worries... I think we all worry about our bundles of fluffiness.

Though I can empathise with your worries... I think we all worry about our bundles of fluffiness.

I agree, we do all worry about them so much.

I think the problem with spaying/neutering is that you feel bad because they feel poorly afterwards and don't know why. That's how I felt with my two anyway. Also, no one likes putting a bunny through a GA, I always end up crying at the vets when I drop them off:oops:.

Well unless you want baby bunnies then there isn't really much choice if she is to have her hunk of bunny lovin'.

I'm sure the vet will treat her fine and that everything will go fab.

:lol: Her prospective husbuns will have to be firing blanks anyway:lol:

:wave:
She'll be fine, I'm sure. Then she can have a boyfriend and live happily ever after! :D

My new bunny shall be spayed soon so we're both in the same boat.

Hilda my little Nethie Dotty was very ill at about 3 months and my vet didnt think she would pull through. She was tiny for her age :shock: My vet said he wouldnt spay her until she was a good weight. Errm yep I put it off once :oops: She went through the spay really well though. I do think Nethies take longer to eat after but she did eventually. Thinking of you x

Thanks everyone..I'm going to bookmark these replies so that I can read then when I feel wobbly!!:lol:

Awww poor Nia. My littlest boy Mouse would be soooo cute with Nia, he's tiny as well and just loves giving our other buns and us kisses. I hope you find a lovely husbun for Nia, she's so lovely.

Thoughts are with you hun, be strong! x

Nia's booked in for her spay on Tuesday..subject to her passing another MOT which she'll have that morning. So..... all you little nethie boys looking for a soulmate...start preening!!:lol:

I'm sure everything will go as smoothly as all the others I've taken to be neutered, but the difference is that the others were all fosterbuns and I know that shouldn't make a difference, and as much as I hate to admit it, it does:? I was anxious for them all of course..but.....

Hi,

I totally understand your concerns I was totally the same when my rabbit Flump was spayed.

I ended up making myself poorly and Flump was absoutley fine! You will notice a big change in her once she is spayed - we did with Flump she became alot more chilled out!
The only thing I will say which I am sure ur vet will tell you too is to make sure she eats afterwards that is the most important thing in rabbits is that they eat. It is usual for her maybe not to eat straight after or the night you bring her home but make sure she is eating by morning!

We are also thinking of getting her a little friend too!

Good luck!

:D

Back